Buttons to control openHAB

For the past few months I’ve been using Flic buttons in our cars to control our MyQ garage door opener via OpenHAB. They connect via Bluetooth to our phones, which send out REST API calls to my server via myopenhab.org. I’ve been through a few different configurations of this setup, and this is the one I’m most happy with.

I should note too that each button has three different triggers (press, double press, and hold), which can each trigger a series of actions.

Thank you again! Long-pressing the action button got it to work. Now it shows up with channels. I am very psyched!

1 Like

Excellent! Post back here if you run into any issues.

I’m currently excited with the amazon dash button.
At special offer on amazon_de: so you get a wifi button for -3€ …doing the first buy ;-))

To get it in openhab I’ve created an additional switch item with the expire binding:
(example for releasing an action for an hour)

Switch DashButton_Desperados "Desperados" <switch> (gDashButtons) {expire="1h,command=OFF"}

Switched by an rule triggered from button:

rule "DashButton_Desperados"
 when
   Channel "amazondashbutton:dashbutton:fc-a6-67-7e-ca-69:press:press" triggered
 then
   	LogAction.logInfo("DashButton", "Desperados fired: release air suction in kitchen for 1 hour")
   	DashButton_Desperados.sendCommand(ON)
end

ok - you have to go with the logo on it - that’s not fitting in every situation - but I found it funny sometimes.

I’ve been trying numerous different zwave button devices, and had reliability problems with them all.

Finally found something reliable - combination of the Fibaro universal sensor and this pretty wall-mounted momentary push button. Of course does require a low voltage power supply and digging a hole in the wall…

This one is interesting:
https://aliexpress.com/item/RAK413AS-UART-serial-port-AT-commands-low-power-consumption-WiFi-module/32814812323.html?spm=a2g0v.10010108.1000016.1.40605bb74RoVpw&isOrigTitle=true

3 Likes

That’s interesting. What RF module are they using? Since it’s eq3, I’ve got some PI3 with HM-MOD-RPI-PCB running Homegear for homematic. Would that be possible?

I’m using a CC1101 868 directly connected to gpio.
If you run homegear with homematic already on your PI3, I’m 80% sure you can run MAX! with that as well. Be aware that you need two modules to run MAX! and HM at the same time.
BTW buttons are currently 10 EUR at mobilcom-debitel

1 Like

It really looks interesting. Did you try it?

Hi Mark

Where can we place a feature request to get Swipe functionality working in openHab?

Cheers

This is where the feature was being discussed. But I see you already added a comment to it. :wink:

You also could open an issue in the eclipse/smarthome repository.

1 Like

Ill do that :slight_smile:

Your other option would be to post something on the Eclipse Smarthome forum.

Ill do that also Mark

I’m not sure why you raised this in ESH? I’m not sure what “swipe” functionality is, but I suspect it’s not an ESH issue. Presumably you want something specific in ZWave?

I suggested he do that because that’s where it was raised last time (with the PR you submitted). Unless I misunderstood that PR.

Ok, I’m a bit lost then and I’ll need to look over the discussions. I suspect that ESH has now added something new though (triggers) but it’s been a long time since I looked at this, and things get added to ESH often without notification :wink:

Hi Chris,

It would be UNREAL if you can add this - basically the discussion was around the Aeotec WallMotes not being able to use a swipe gesture on the remote to dim a light or control some other sliding function such as volume. Previously it was mentioned this was not available in ESH (and may not still be? ive no idea)

Hope that helps!

I seem to remember it came up in the context of the Wallmote.

From the Wallmote manual…

pdf%202019-01-13%2017-30-21

1 Like

Kai closed my thread on the ESH forums… :confused: