Cache folder/file(s)

Hello,
I’m having issues getting my Tradfri set to work. I had originally experimented with the example settings I found in documentation etc and managed to create my own configurations which seem to work for a while only to somehow “reset” or change overnight. For example, I am now seeing log entries such as:

Cannot delegate command ‘ON’ for item ‘Light_Ceiling’ to handler for channel ‘tradfri:0220:gwb072bf2254e3:tLight:brightness’, because no thing with the UID ‘tradfri:0220:gwb072bf2254e3:tLight’ could be found.
2017-07-09 14:18:54.959 [WARN ] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Cannot delegate update ‘21’ for item ‘Light_Ceiling’ to handler for channel ‘tradfri:0100:mygateway:myDimmableBulb:brightness’, because no thing with the UID ‘tradfri:0100:mygateway:myDimmableBulb’ could be found.

I don’t have myDimmableBulb or mygateway anywhere in my configuration items, sitemap, things etc

I remember the myDimmableBulb being in the example for the Tradfri binding

Is there a way to “reset” or clear whatever cache is holding this information as it seems to confuse OH?

I’m using OpenHAB 2.1

That is what the error is saying. You are referring to a channel ID in Light_Ceiling that doesn’t exist. Look in your .items files for a Light_Ceiling Item and make sure the channel ID is correct and look in PaperUI and see if there is a Light_Ceiling Item and make sure that the channel it is linked to is correct.

That’s the thing. myDimmableBulb does not exist anywhere and Light_Ceiling is controlling another “thing” now.

None of these exist in my set up

0100-mygateway-myDimmableBulb

I did, however, add them to my default.things while I was experimenting and later removed them from the file as well as the interface and rebooted.

__

Since my initial post yesterday, I backed up my settings and ran “apt-get purge openhab2*” then reinstalled and did some basic configuration before restoring my settings and now it’s working fine. However, I still want to know f it’s possible to “clear” whatever cache OH holds these things in as I’m pretty certain I did not have them anywhere in my openhab-config folder.

Things that are created by PaperUI or other Admin UIs get saved to the JSONDB. But Things created in .things files do not.

You could try deleting userdata/cache/* and userdata/tmp/* but I don’t think Things are stored in there.