Caldav binding is not updating items

I am using openHAB 2.5.5 Release Build in a Proxmox Debian VM.

I try to set up a garbage calendar based on the events in my google calendar.
The events are loading when I start openhab correctly. But if the day changes then the items are not updated. So i see alway the same events in my items. When I change the items file and it is reloading, then the items are reloaded and the new events are stored correctly in the items.

My config looks as follows:

caldavio.cfg

caldavio:muell:url=https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/q7eh201e89q6nhr1o2l4qgl6hc@group.calendar.google.com/events
aldavio:muell:username=XXXXX(without @gmail.com)
caldavio:muell:password=XXXXXX
caldavio:muell:reloadInterval=60
caldavio:muell:preloadTime=10000
caldavio:muell:disableCertificateVerification=true
caldavio:muell:charset=utf8
caldavio:timeZone=Europe/Berlin

caldavPersonal.cfg

caldavPersonal:usedCalendars=caldavio:muell

items:

Group Abfall
/* Müllkalender */
String      CalDAV_Muell_1       "Erste Tonne [%s]"                          <calendar>    (Abfall) { caldavPersonal="calendar:muell type:EVENT eventNr:1 value:NAME" }
DateTime    CalDAV_Muell_1_Date  "Datum der Abholung [%1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY]"    <calendar>    (Abfall) { caldavPersonal="calendar:muell type:EVENT eventNr:1 value:START" }
String      CalDAV_Muell_2       "Zweite Tonne [%s]"                         <calendar>    (Abfall) { caldavPersonal="calendar:muell type:EVENT eventNr:2 value:NAME" }
DateTime    CalDAV_Muell_2_Date  "Datum der Abholung [%1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY]"    <calendar>    (Abfall) { caldavPersonal="calendar:muell type:EVENT eventNr:2 value:START" } 

Did i miss anything?

I know there are a lot people using this binding. Did anyone else have this problems and already fixed it?

Incase you haven’t fixed it yet

I can spot two possible issues:

in caldavio.cfg youre missing the letter c on the line for the username.

aldavio:muell:username=XXXXX(without @gmail.com)

in caldavPersonal.cfg
should be

caldavPersonal:usedCalendars=muell

Otherwise your setup looks like mine, and i have not had problems with updating caldav items, atleast so far :sweat_smile:

oh, forgot to mention, you might want to check this thread out: https://community.openhab.org/t/how-to-remove-caldav-reload-job/16163

Theres some config issues with the caldav binding and openhab 2, this thread helped me with a similar problem, might be helpful for you too.

hi

i have exactly the same problem - when refreshing the .item file all is fine - but not automatically if a calender entry changes or the day etc…
caldav itself seems to update correctly (currently) every minute but the items are not refreshed.

Do you or anyone has a idea what could be wrong or do i miss something else?

btw i deleted already the configs and restarted openhab - same result.

Did you add your calendar to caldavPersonal.cfg ? It needs to be added there for it to update automatically.

Heres my working config setup.

caldavio.cfg

caldavio:Trash:url=https://192.168.2.3:8443/remote.php/dav/calendars/OpenHAB/smeti_shared_by_ncp/
caldavio:Trash:username=OpenHAB
caldavio:Trash:password=password
caldavio:Trash:reloadInterval=10
caldavio:Trash:preloadTime=35000
caldavio:Trash:disableCertificateVerification=true
caldavio:Trash:lastModifiedFileTimeStampValid=false

caldavio:Test:url=https://192.168.2.3:8443/remote.php/dav/calendars/OpenHAB/test_shared_by_ncp/
caldavio:Test:username=OpenHAB
caldavio:Test:password=password
caldavio:Test:reloadInterval=1
caldavio:Test:preloadTime=35000
caldavio:Test:disableCertificateVerification=true
caldavio:Test:lastModifiedFileTimeStampValid=false

caldavPersonal.cfg

caldavPersonal:usedCalendars=Trash, Test

I had some issues when i initially set up the Test Calendar wrong, had to go into karaf console to delete the config files and restart openhab service for them to properly update.

If this doesn’t help, i’ll need a bit more information on what you have and haven’t tried, how your items are set up, etc. and i’ll try to help you further if i can.