Call to the Community: openHAB on Product Hunt

You might want to edit your review:

However, once you learn the platform there is almost nothing you can accomplish with it.

can => cannot

1 Like

Gah! Clearly myopia plus autocorrect is the bane of my existence. Thanks!

This is the main reason I have not added a review. I donā€™t mind creating a new account using my email, but I do not want to be linked back to other accounts. What does linking allow them to do? This is the first time I have seen a site not offer another way.

I would like to show support for openhab and those wanting to make a marketing difference, so how important is this website towards making a difference?

It allows them to not have to be responsible for the account log in info.

Frankly, if I were to run a service like this Iā€™d jump at the opportunity to avoid that responsibility. Last thing is want is to be in a headline at HaveIBeenPwned.com. Let the big boys manage that risk.

If course, as an individual, I donā€™t necessarily want to give access to my other accounts. I made an exception in this one case but probably wouldnā€™t in any other case. And almost didnā€™t in this case

I canā€™t say how important this site is. Itā€™s kind of an interesting concept though. At least they are trying something new in the product review market space. Iā€™m interested in following where the site goes

As far as I understood, the main (or at least their official) reason to force people to use their personal accounts is so that companies donā€™t use their corporate generic accounts and everything is tied to real people. Maybe itā€™s a bit (not impossible) more difficult to trick the scores.

They want to sell the data and want it to be high quality where people donā€™t put in bare minimum and junk data to create a useless account.