Can I add non-drayton devices to a drayton wiser setup?

Hi, I’m looking to get a drayon wiser heating system, and I have seen that they use the zigbee protocol. Has anyone had any luck adding any non-drayton zigbee devices to this system or will it only work with their zigbee devices?

Since the Wiser app and binding only have controls for Wiser devices, I suspect that even if you could pair other devices, you wouldn’t be able to do much with them.

You might, however be able to control the Wiser devices and others from a generic Zigbee hub.

I have Wiser and I have to say it is very good. Having originally had LightwaveRF, I’d say it is better to buy controls from a heating company that has adopted smart technology than a smart technology company that is trying to do heating control.

As @barneyd says, it’s unlikely such devices will work with the Wiser app, but using Wiser devices with the zigbee binding should be fine in most cases. I have quite a few Schneider Wider devices myself (lighting devices and smoke alarm), although no heating devices.

Thanks. I think I will end up going with a Honeywell Evohome system in the end because it is the least internet dependant of them all. Of course this might end up causing me issues if I want to add some z-wave gear later, but that’s for another question.