Can I develop a binding on a 2.5.0-SNAPSHOT and will it work on 2.4.0 stable?

Hi,

I am working on a new version of the innogy SmartHome binding. As there seem to be a lot of things going on like switching to bndtools, integrating eclipsesmarthome back into the main oh repo etc… how about the compatibility of the bindings?

Can I develop a binding on a 2.5.0-SNAPSHOT and will it work on 2.4.0 stable?

I am a bit confused currently… thanks for replies!

Best
Oliver

If you have no dependencies it will work. As soon as you have any dependencies, its 2.5+ only.

again more verbose perhaps

Thanks. There are dependencies and they currently make trouble with bnd resolve on 2.5 snapshot. Some refactorings for the innogy binding made it break and I don’t know how to fix them yet.

However, as innogy is going to drop the API 1.0 and I have to get a working binding with API 1.1 out to people ASAP, I will do it on 2.4.0 stable first.

If some of you pros have any idea regarding the dependency issue on 2.5 snapshot as stated below, I would really appreciate some hints. Thanks!

And of course you must avoid using core features that were introduced with 2.5 if you expect a 2.4 compatibility.

Since 2.5 isn’t final, it’s still possible a breaking API change is made which makes 2.5 bindings unusable with 2.4. It has happened before.

Where can I find information about the new 2.5 core features? Searching the forum or docs didn’t help.