Can not add things (shelly beta)

Hi,
I’ try to configure shelly plus things using “Shelly Beta”, but whatever way I’ try noting works.

Thing shelly:shellyplus1:fireplace "Shellyplus1 Kaminfeuer" @ "house" [deviceIp="192.168.1.208", updateInterval=60]

when i load the file to OpenHAB i’ get an error

Blockquote
14:13:34.278 [INFO ] [del.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model ‘shellyDevicesTest.things’
14:13:34.289 [INFO ] [l.thing.internal.GenericThingProvider] - No ThingHandlerFactory found for thing shelly:shellyplus1pm:fireplace (thing-type is shelly:shellyplus1pm). Deferring initialization.

Note:
when I’ running the same thing using “Shelly Binding” the thing is running but has no channels.

Make sure that binding is active - it might be that it is not fully activated and thing handler factory is simply not present.

I’ restartrd the service , also rebooted system.

Is there a way to check the thing handler is running?

Thank Ernst

Enter bundle:list in openHAB‘s console an check if the Shelly Binding is listed as active.

I got the folloeng error on startup

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.shelly [276]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.californium.core; version=“[2.7.0,3.0.0)”

Please read the docu for beta/dev versions, which describes to install additional packages!

1 Like

Thanks,
basically the thing has no channels and the log shows new errors

I’ got rid of the error but now I’ have a new on.

5:19:25.080 [INFO ] [arketplace.MarketplaceBundleInstaller] - Reinstalling missing marketplace bundle: marketplace:146648
15:19:25.082 [WARN ] [arketplace.MarketplaceBundleInstaller] - Failed reinstalling add-on from cache
org.openhab.core.addon.marketplace.MarketplaceHandlerException: The local cache folder doesn’t contain a single file: /var/lib/openhab/marketplace/bundles/146648
at org.openhab.core.addon.marketplace.MarketplaceBundleInstaller.installFromCache(MarketplaceBundleInstaller.java:85) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.core.addon.marketplace.MarketplaceBundleInstaller.lambda$3(MarketplaceBundleInstaller.java:158) ~[?:?]
at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.accept(ForEachOps.java:183) ~[?:?]
at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:179) ~[?:?]
at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:197) ~[?:?]
at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:179) ~[?:?]
at java.util.Iterator.forEachRemaining(Iterator.java:133) ~[?:?]
at java.util.Spliterators$IteratorSpliterator.forEachRemaining(Spliterators.java:1845) ~[?:?]
at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:509) ~[?:?]
at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:499) ~[?:?]
at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:150) ~[?:?]
at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:173) ~[?:?]
at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234) ~[?:?]
at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEach(ReferencePipeline.java:596) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.core.addon.marketplace.MarketplaceBundleInstaller.ensureCachedBundlesAreInstalled(MarketplaceBundleInstaller.java:155) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.core.addon.marketplace.internal.community.CommunityBundleAddonHandler.lambda$0(CommunityBundleAddonHandler.java:58) ~[?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:539) ~[?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) ~[?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) ~[?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136) ~[?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:840) ~[?:?]

solved:
https://community.openhab.org/c/setup-configuration-and-use/9

Hi,
Im Sorry to bother you but I’ cant get the shelly device running (ShellyPlus1 + addon).

I’have cleared my test system so it is plain empty.

I have instaled the Shelly Beta binding and it seams to be correct.

281 │ Active │ 80 │ 0.3.0.v20220506-1020 │ EdDSA-Java
282 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.7.4 │ Californium (Cf) Core
283 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.7.4 │ Californium (Cf) Element Connector
284 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.7.4 │ Californium (Cf) OSGi
285 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.7.4 │ Scandium (Sc) Core
288 │ Active │ 80 │ 4.1.0.202308122207 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Shelly Binding Gen1+2

Then I’ try to add a Shelly Plus 1 as a thing.
It seams to work, as it adds a thing that seams to be correct but no matter what I’ try the Thing has some intenal channels but all the functional chanels (relay switch, addons) are missing.

As per documentation, I tried to add the thing several times as the channels are missing but never got the desierd result.

Note: I’ have a ShellyPlus2PM that works stait out of the box, so it seams to be a problem using ShellyPlus1 device

Note2:
After a view trial and error experiment I’ll noticed the following

• When I’ remove the Addon configuration from the device itself, then the relay channels show up.
  • When I’ add a single element to the Addon, it has a random behaifour, somtimes it works and somtimes not (disable and enable thing)
  • when I’ add the mesurands back on (on the shelly device) then the relay channels dissapear and no mesurand channels are available.

I’ would realy be thankfull if someone coud give me a hint of how to succsed

Thank Ernst