Can not start OH2?

I followed this docs http://docs.openhab.org/installation/linux.html and installed openhab 2 snapshot offline version on raspberry pi 3. After using these commands:
sudo /etc/init.d/openhab2 start
sudo /etc/init.d/openhab2 status
sudo update-rc.d openhab2 defaults
it supposes to show me OH2’s UI if I enter the path raspberrypi.mshome.net:8080 on my web browser but there is nothing happens. I did shut down the OH 1.8.3 service (which is previously installed on my Rasp - the old OH1.8.3’s UI also doesn’t show up no more). Can anybody help me?

Is there anything written log printed out on /var/log/openhab2/*?

no sir, what should I do.
I didn’t think migrating caused me a lot problems like this :frowning:

Well if there’s nothing in /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log then openhab didn’t start. (If the directory doesn’t exist, then it didn’t even install properly, and indicates a problem with the machine setup assuming a correct install)

What is the output of each command when you put them in, note it should be in this order, the following is for debian 7 (Wheezy) since you’ve said that you’re using init.d I’m assuming you have that instead of wheezy, but please check.

sudo update-rc.d openhab2 defaults

Should output:

Adding system startup for /etc/init.d/openhab2 ...
   /etc/rc0.d/K20openhab2 -> ../init.d/openhab2
   /etc/rc1.d/K20openhab2 -> ../init.d/openhab2
   /etc/rc6.d/K20openhab2 -> ../init.d/openhab2
   /etc/rc2.d/S20openhab2 -> ../init.d/openhab2
   /etc/rc3.d/S20openhab2 -> ../init.d/openhab2
   /etc/rc4.d/S20openhab2 -> ../init.d/openhab2
   /etc/rc5.d/S20openhab2 -> ../init.d/openhab2

OR, if you have already done this the output will be:

System start/stop links for /etc/init.d/openhab2 already exist.

Then typing:

sudo /etc/init.d/openhab2 start

should have output, (note the OK):

* Starting openHAB2 server openhab2                     [ OK ]

Dear sir,
Thanks for your help I can make openhab start
but when I follow this instruction:

it said no such file or directory etc/openhab2. What is that? It makes me a little bit confused

Again this is a folder that’s created when you install by apt-get,

Are you following the manual installation? If so, for that instruction just have the /opt/openhab2/conf… path there, if not then you use the /etc/openhab2 path. It shouldn’t be both.

Yes I understand it now, thanks for your dedication.

Dear sir, there is another problem, after playing for about 2 hour I got this error

And I can not start OH2 again, please help!

When using systemd, you can find a full log of what happens in processes by reading the tail end of /var/log/daemon.log

I think we might need to take a step back, in this topic you have mixed multiple different ways of setting up openHAB and it is very unclear for me to see how you’re going about the setup task. You might want to consider reading about, and then using openHABian, which does the setup on a raspberry pi for you.

OK, firstly sorry because I messed up.
Now I will tell you clearly:
I installed manual repository, openhab-offline snapchat package.
The problem I told you above, everything goes back to normal now (after I use sudo reboot to restart my rasp)
But now is the total new problem, when I target my web browser to http://raspberrypi.mshome.net:8080/start/index
the UI can not show up, it told me to wait for about an hour up till now.

And here is the output when I use: tail -f /opt/openhab2/userdata/logs/openhab.log -f /opt/openhab2/userdata/logs/events.log (for manual installation)

2017-01-08 21:09:00.019 [WARN ] [nce.extensions.PersistenceExtensions] - There is no queryable persistence service registered with the id 'mapdb'
2017-01-08 21:09:00.020 [WARN ] [nce.extensions.PersistenceExtensions] - There is no queryable persistence service registered with the id 'mapdb'
2017-01-08 21:10:00.018 [WARN ] [nce.extensions.PersistenceExtensions] - There is no queryable persistence service registered with the id 'mapdb'
2017-01-08 21:10:00.020 [WARN ] [nce.extensions.PersistenceExtensions] - There is no queryable persistence service registered with the id 'mapdb'
2017-01-08 21:11:00.020 [WARN ] [nce.extensions.PersistenceExtensions] - There is no queryable persistence service registered with the id 'mapdb'
2017-01-08 21:11:00.022 [WARN ] [nce.extensions.PersistenceExtensions] - There is no queryable persistence service registered with the id 'mapdb'
2017-01-08 21:12:00.016 [WARN ] [nce.extensions.PersistenceExtensions] - There is no queryable persistence service registered with the id 'mapdb'
2017-01-08 21:12:00.018 [WARN ] [nce.extensions.PersistenceExtensions] - There is no queryable persistence service registered with the id 'mapdb'
2017-01-08 21:13:00.019 [WARN ] [nce.extensions.PersistenceExtensions] - There is no queryable persistence service registered with the id 'mapdb'
2017-01-08 21:13:00.021 [WARN ] [nce.extensions.PersistenceExtensions] - There is no queryable persistence service registered with the id 'mapdb'
2017-01-08 21:14:00.017 [WARN ] [nce.extensions.PersistenceExtensions] - There is no queryable persistence service registered with the id 'mapdb'
2017-01-08 21:14:00.019 [WARN ] [nce.extensions.PersistenceExtensions] - There is no queryable persistence service registered with the id 'mapdb'
2017-01-08 21:15:00.019 [WARN ] [nce.extensions.PersistenceExtensions] - There is no queryable persistence service registered with the id 'mapdb'
2017-01-08 21:15:00.021 [WARN ] [nce.extensions.PersistenceExtensions] - There is no queryable persistence service registered with the id 'mapdb'
2017-01-08 21:16:00.019 [WARN ] [nce.extensions.PersistenceExtensions] - There is no queryable persistence service registered with the id 'mapdb'
2017-01-08 21:16:00.020 [WARN ] [nce.extensions.PersistenceExtensions] - There is no queryable persistence service registered with the id 'mapdb'
2017-01-08 21:17:00.020 [WARN ] [nce.extensions.PersistenceExtensions] - There is no queryable persistence service registered with the id 'mapdb'
2017-01-08 21:17:00.022 [WARN ] [nce.extensions.PersistenceExtensions] - There is no queryable persistence service registered with the id 'mapdb'
2017-01-08 21:18:00.021 [WARN ] [nce.extensions.PersistenceExtensions] - There is no queryable persistence service registered with the id 'mapdb'
2017-01-08 21:18:00.023 [WARN ] [nce.extensions.PersistenceExtensions] - There is no queryable persistence service registered with the id 'mapdb'
2017-01-08 21:19:00.020 [WARN ] [nce.extensions.PersistenceExtensions] - There is no queryable persistence service registered with the id 'mapdb'
2017-01-08 21:19:00.025 [WARN ] [nce.extensions.PersistenceExtensions] - There is no queryable persistence service registered with the id 'mapdb'

It seems like mapdb persistence got problem in my runtime.cfg
Futhermore, when I go to:http://raspberrypi.mshome.net:8080/classicui/app?sitemap=demo like the instruction in the docs, it said HTTP errors
And here the docs said:http://docs.openhab.org/tutorials/migration.html
misc = - myopenhab, homekit, etc. Do not list myopenhab at this time, instructions for it are below.
but the example below myopenhab was listed. Can you explain?

Any advise sir?

The problems you’re experiencing are new to me. Is there any reason why you’ve opted for a manual installation rather than an through apt?

manual installation is more familiar to me, Because when I installed OH1.8.x, I used .zip file just like manual instruction

Fair enough, I’m only making rough guided guesses at this point but it looks as though you’ve tried to set mapdb as the default persistence but you do not have it installed yet. Set the default persistence back to nothing and add the following line to install it.

persistence = mapdb

to the addons.cfg and restart openhab.

hear is my addons.cfg, do I need to change anything else?

# The base installation package of this openHAB instance
# Note: This is only regarded at the VERY FIRST START of openHAB
# Optional. If not set, the dashboard (https://<yourserver>:8080/) will ask you to choose a package.
#
# Valid options:
#   - minimal  : Installation only with dashboard, but no UIs or other addons
#   - simple   : Setup for using openHAB purely through UIs - you need to expect MANY constraints in functionality!
#   - standard : Default setup for normal users, best for textual setup
#   - expert   : Setup for expert users, especially for people migrating from openHAB 1.x
#   - demo     : A demo setup which includes UIs, a few bindings, config files etc.
#
package = expert

# Access Remote Add-on Repositories
# Defines whether the remote openHAB add-on repository should be used for browsing and installing add-ons.
# This not only makes latest snapshots of add-ons available, it is also required for the installation of
# any legacy 1.x add-on and all experimental features. (default is false for offline distro, true for online distro)
#
remote = true

# Include legacy 1.x bindings. If set to true, it also allows the installation of 1.x bindings for which there is 
# already a 2.x version available (requires remote repo access, see above). (default is false)
#
legacy = true

# A comma-separated list of bindings to install (e.g. "sonos,knx,zwave")
binding = zwave,astro1,http,mqtt,nest,networkhealth,ntp

# A comma-separated list of UIs to install (e.g. "basic,paper")
#ui =

# A comma-separated list of persistence services to install (e.g. "rrd4j,jpa")
persistence = influxdb,rrd4j,mapdb

# A comma-separated list of actions to install (e.g. "mail,pushover")
action = nma,mail,pushover

# A comma-separated list of transformation services to install (e.g. "map,jsonpath")
transformation = xslt,map,regex,javascript

# A comma-separated list of voice services to install (e.g. "marytts,freetts")
voice = marytts,freetts

# A comma-separated list of miscellaneous services to install (e.g. "myopenhab")
misc = homekit