Can openHAB be run and configured via CLI on a headless server?

I’m a new user to openHAB and am will definitely be reading the docs to get into the details, but I am a little overwhelmed with all the new info. I am taking a stab at administering my own Ubuntu server on which I will be installing openHAB.

So, to just get started, my system is this:
Ubuntu server 20.04 running on a headless computer (AMD Ryzen 5 CPU, 16MB RAM, 2TB hard drive)

The server computer is in my basement and I will be administering it and loading software from a Windows laptop while upstairs.

Can I run openHAB on the server and do all the setup from the command line via an SSH terminal on my laptop?

In some of the openHAB documentation it says that the configuration can be done with a few clicks, and this implies a GUI. I will eventually get to details, but for now I just want to know if I can use openHAB exclusively via the command line before I invest the time to install the software.

Thanks in advance for your help.

The GUI is accessed via a browser, and can be from a different machine. I would bet most people here run openHAB on a headless server, and if they access the GUI they do so via a browser from a different device.

Absolutely!