Can´t write values to modbus slave holding register from OH3

I have connected my electricity meter to OH3 via MQTT and have no issues receiving measurement values from it. I want to forward these measurement values via Modbus TCP to an HMI panel to display them. However, I am unable to make this work. The Modbus communication is active to the HMI panel. If I select a dimmer item value in OH3, I can send values via Modbus holding registers, but if I choose a number item value, no values are sent to the Modbus holding registers. What is wrong with my config? Grateful for the help, I’ve been trying to solve this for many hours."

Hi,

I am no expert but I use the modbus binding a lot. If you post your configuration and also what your modbusmaster expects (register size), then maybe I can point you to the right direction.

I think maybe the dimmer or number item itself is the problem. Because a Dimmer can be used as a “switch” and “number” your holding register not. It has a fixed size and expects a value in that size. for example 16 bits or 1 bit.

Also if you tell us what you are trying to achieve we can try to point you in the right direction