Cannot control zigbee lamp in openHAB via MQTT

Due to some recent problems mit deCONZ binding, I wanted to give zigbee2mqtt a try. Zigbee devices (2 Lidl Livarno Home LED floor lamp and 1 TRADFRI remote control) appear in my INBOX in OH.

But I cannot control the lamps.

YAML code:

UID: mqtt:homeassistant_zigbee2mqtt_5F0x84fd27fffed1e482:7f39f227e2:zigbee2mqtt_5F0x84fd27fffed1e482
label: Light Pillar Study L
thingTypeUID: mqtt:homeassistant_zigbee2mqtt_5F0x84fd27fffed1e482
configuration:
  topics:
    - sensor/0x84fd27fffed1e482/linkquality
    - light/0x84fd27fffed1e482/light
    - select/0x84fd27fffed1e482/effect
  basetopic: homeassistant
bridgeUID: mqtt:broker:7f39f227e2

Is it bc of the limitations?

The HomeAssistant Light Component only supports RGB color changes.

If not, what do I need to change? :thinking:

My setup:
TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.3 + Truecharts
openHAB 3.3.0 + JSONPath Transformation + Jinja Transformation
zigbee2mqtt 1.27.2
ConBee2
mosquitto 2.0.15

zigbee2mqtt is running fine, I can control the lamps there:

1 Like

Add a new thing using same MQTT bridge

Create Channel with correct topic maybe zigbee2mqtt/0x84fd27fffed1e482/brightness

Then link to dimmer item

I was struggling with something similar.
The HA device detection in the mqtt-binding does not properly setup the lights (had this with a tuya floodlight and the Livarno E14 bulbs).

Create it manually and it will work.
@Gewuerzwiesel has just given some very useful configuration details in this post.

Give it a try.

Thomas

2 Likes

I tried that, but whenever I edit the code of the thing in the UI, everything below bridgeUID disappears. What am I doing wrong?

Did you create the thing and save it first? After this you should be able to edit it again and do enter your adjustment.
Did you do a copy and paste? Then maybe the structure of the yaml is not proper - spaces e.g. matter.

yes, thing is created in first place.
I created a recording for better explanation (sorry for the wrong aspect ratio)

Ok, got it. You need to create the thing from scratch as a generic mqtt thing. From what I saw you are editing the thing created by the HA discovery. This will not work.