Cannot find checkstyle_suppressions.xml > unable to compile openhab2-addons from maven

• Platform information:
    • Java Runtime Environment: 1.8.0
    • openHAB version: 2.4.0-SNAPSHOT
  • Issue of the topic:

I installed openHAB Eclipse IDE and run OH first time > all ok.
Then I changed openhab2-addons folder to a checkout of a fork of the same openhab2-addons repo
When I try to rebuild an existing binding i get:

$ cd ~/openhab2/git/openhab2-addons/addons/binding/org.openhab.binding.nest (master)
$ mvn clean install

I obtain:

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 51.001 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2018-09-15T18:47:20+02:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 44M/402M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.openhab.tools.sat:sat-plugin:0.5.0:checkstyle (default) 
on project org.openhab.binding.nest: Unable to execute mojo: An error has occurred in 
Checkstyle report generation. Failed during checkstyle execution: Unable to find 
suppressions file at location: ...\openhab2\git\openhab2-addons\addons\binding\org.openhab.binding.nest\tools\checkstyle_suppressions.xml:
 Could not find resource '...\openhab2\git\openhab2-addons\addons\binding\org.openhab.binding.nest\tools\checkstyle_suppressions.xml'. -> [Help 1]

Any ideas?

Massi

Get the author of the fork to fix his code?
Or you could try creating the missing file yourself…

I forked myseld the openhab2-addons repo, after 20min from the fresh Eclipse installation…
so they should be no difference, at least for being able to compile everything.

Basically what I want to achieve is to have a fresh openHAB Eclipse installation but instead of using the master openhab2-addons repo, I want to use my fork of it.
(I am preparing a push request, so I am moving my binding project to the openhab2-addons forked repo).
I looked for specific instruction/hints for doing this in the proper manner, but apparently the link is broken:

https://www.openhab.org/docs/developer/development/ide.html#installation

I read:

Note that you will find the sources in a subfolder called “git” within your selected installation folder. You can use any kind of git client here, if you do not want to use the git support from within the Eclipse IDE. If you want to push changes, you need to do so to your personal fork of the repository in order to create a pull request. You will find more details in the “How to contribute” documentation.

I want to do exactly that in the right way, but the link is BROKEN !

Thanks for the help,
Massi

I think the “How to contribute” link should probably be pointing here

thanks for the correct link.
However it does not say how to use a forked repo within the regular Eclipse IDE installation without errors.

Note that the error listed above is not about my new binding but is about an existing binding (Nest).

So the mvn build process is broken if I try to substitute a forked repo in the Eclipse git directory installed from the Eclipse IDE installation.

Any other hints?

Massi

Ok i repeated a couple of times the process:
Install Eclipse IDE > remove openhab2-addons repo > checkout out my fork of openhab2-addons repo > restart Eclipse 3/4 times…
at the end it worked.
I have now working Eclipse IDE openHAB environement with the openhab2-addons repo linked to my fork.

Bye
massimo