Cannot save or delete rule openHAB 3.2.0 Release Build

Hi all,
I’m having trouble deleting saving or deleting a rule. When I went to save it I got a blank screen see below. I’ve re-created the rule under another name it is fine. When I go to delete the previous rule I get a message “An error occurred while deleting: Not Found”

Log entry: 2022-05-31 05:06:19.830 [INFO ] [utomation.rest.internal.RuleResource] - Received HTTP DELETE request at ‘rules/Sun_Rise_Trigger’ for the unknown rule ‘Sun_Rise_Trigger’.

Rules snapshot:

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Bob

Force a reload of MainUI and see if the rule is still there. If so, look in /var/lib/openhab/jsondb/automation_rules.json and see if it’s still there. If not see if it’s still in /var/lib/openhab/jsondb/automation_rules_disabled.json. If it’s still in one of those two files something went wrong while deleting and we can clean it up. But it’s most likely that it’s cached in the browser and a forced reload will clear it out.

Thank you @rlkoshak
The reload did not work. I did find something in “/var/lib/openhab/jsondb/automation_rules_disabled.json”. I tried deleting the contents, but it comes back. What are the next steps? Thank you.

You cannot edit that file while OH is running. You have to stop OH first, then edit, then start OH again.

Hello @rlkoshak, Per your instruction I was able to delete the contents of automation_rules_disabled.json. However, I still see the file in the GUI and have the bank screen when I click on it. Any ideas?

If you stopped OH, deleted the full JSON entry for Sun_Rise_Trigger, then restarted OH and forced reloaded your browser I’ve no idea where that entry can be coming from. It doesn’t exist anywhere on the server.

Thank you for your help, @rlkoshak . It does not seem to cause any issue with anything else. When I try and delete now I get " An error occurred while deleting: Not Found". I will continue to search and will let you know what I find. Cheers.

A quick update. I delete from automation_rules_disabled.json, however, it remained in automation_rule.json. Once I deleted that and rebooted it, it disappeared. Thank you, once again.