Can't get any css working in habpanel

I’ve created a new widget on habpanel with some simple html:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://openhab2.home:8080/static/layouts/security.css" />
<h1>testing</h1>

I can load the css file in a browser so no issues there.

h1 {
    color: green;
    text-align: center;
}

However when the html runs the css is not being applied. The text is not green or in the center.

What am I missing?

You can’t load CSS like that in a template, your options are:

• use the “additional stylesheet” option in the settings (if you’re on a snapshot version, it’s not in the stable 2.1 version);
  • write your style inline (in a <style> element);
  • use the ocLazyLoad directive to load CSS like this:
<div oc-lazy-load="['/static/layouts/security.css']">...</div>

In the changelog it is said that with 2.1 the stylesheet option is in? bit surprised here? because I can’t get it running neither

You’re right… my mistake, it is in the 2.1 version. :roll_eyes:
This option will only work with server URLs on the same origin (host and port, meaning the openHAB server), that is, relative URLs like “/static/mystylesheet.css”. URLs coming from the Internet like a CDN, or another server will be blocked.

Thats the case, I did the instllation exactly the way it was described in the other thread. But still it is not applied :frowning:. Any suggestion how to check if habpanel can find the file? (Copied them via the shares defined in the openhab documentation)

On Chrome if you open the developer tools, in the console you’ll probably see a line like this:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

On the Network tab there will be a red line as well (refresh the page with this tab open).

Any file (e.g. file.css) in the “html” folder of your configuration will normally be available as /static/file.css.

did it by checking if I see the file using sudo nano. Found out that something went wrong during copying files. folder was names matrix-theme.css (in Finder the folder was named matrix-theme) and wasn’t possible to delete via SSH. By removing it in the samba share an copying everything again, it is working now

Thanks for your support :slight_smile: