Can't get Pushover to work for simple command

Hi folks, once again I’m frustrated about trying to setup something that should be so simple; I find a mix of OH 2, OH2.5 and basically nothing useful for OH3 on pushover binding. I’ve tried taking examples that others have created and they just do nothing when I run them.

I created my pushover account, and the test from their actual site gets to my phone properly.

I then created the thing in OH3, where I just filled in the values (copy and paste) from the pushover site for my API keys, etc. so I don’t think the issue is there.

Now I made the simplest rule to test:


  • id: “1”
    itemName: NewOfficeDualStandLights_Switch
    state: ON
    previousState: OFF
    type: core.ItemStateChangeTrigger
    conditions: []
  • inputs: {}
    id: “2”
    type: application/vnd.openhab.dsl.rule
    script: >
    val actions = getActions(“pushover”, “pushover:pushover-account:oh3”)
    var receipt = actions.sendMessage(“Office Lights On”, “Arnett Manor”)
    type: script.ScriptAction

When I run this part of of the rule, nothing happens. I check the log file and all I get is:

2021-03-15 13:04:16.226 [ERROR] [internal.handler.ScriptActionHandler] - Script execution of rule with UID 'fa54dbfcab' failed: null

Any suggestions? I feel like any new thing I try with OH, and follow the documentation exactly, that it doesn’t work, and I have to search google for 2-3 hours and try 9 different things…

So i have tested it with rules DSL too:

val myAction = getActions("pushover", "pushover:pushover-account:98810acd21")
var receipt = myAction.sendMessage("Office Lights On", "Arnett Manor")

Is working for me. (of course use your correct thing id.)
What i have recognized is the folowing:


When i use your copied code, it does not get highlighted.
So maybe the quotation marks could be a reason for the error.

Here is the log error now, and not sure what it means…

val myAction = getActions("pushover", "pushover:pushover-account:a3272e5b52")
    ^ in <eval> at line number 1 at column number 4

Wow I figured it out, I was using that code in the java section, instead of setting up as the DSL style…

Apparently that’s all. Fixed.

1 Like