Can't reach OH2 web interface, SSH ok, needs restart

Hi,
My OH2 setup is acting a bit crazy these days. I added a Z-Wave Aeon Stick 5 and a Multisensor 6, and after that it’s been acting up. Works well for about 24 hours, then I can’t access serverip:8080 OR SSH to :8101 to check KARAF. However, normal SSH to serverip:15 is working as it should so I can do a reboot from there. After rebooting it works great.

Any ideas on what this could be, or how to debug this? Can’t see anything in logs that should lead to any issues…

TJ

Ok, been searching a lot on this topic, and seems I’m the only one experiencing this. Anybody have any ideas? This started after I connected a Z-stick and a Multisensor 6, so I’m a bit curious to if this is a Z-wave issue. Anything you have encountered before @chris ? (I understand you are the z-wave guru).

I see from the log that there are sometimes some sending errors, but they are few and random. Probably due to placement, but I can’t understand that that should “kill” my server over time…

TJ

I don’t think this should have anything to do with ZWave. The ZWave binding doesn’t interact directly in any way with the UI, or SSH, TCP etc…

Thanks for the feedback @Chris. As a trial I left my server running last night without the stick and now it’s down again…

Any ideas on how I can check what process has “killed” the server upon reboot? I take it there should be some OH log that explains what has gone wrong.

Strangely enough, I can open a new ssh connection and ping the server, but the UI doesn’t work so it seems the process has just stopped somehow…

TJ

There are logs in the userdata/logs folder - this is really the only thing I can suggest to look at…

Same problem here after a update, could it be java? i noticed it updated.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo /bin/systemctl status openhab2.service
● openhab2.service - openHAB 2 - empowering the smart home
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/openhab2.service; disabled)
Active: active (running) since vr 2017-03-03 13:27:40 CET; 2h 33min ago
Docs: http://docs.openhab.org
https://community.openhab.org
Main PID: 767 (karaf)
CGroup: /system.slice/openhab2.service
├─767 /bin/bash /usr/share/openhab2/runtime/bin/karaf server
└─919 /usr/bin/java -Dopenhab.home=/usr/share/openhab2 -Dopenhab.conf=/etc/openhab2 -Dopenhab.runtime=/usr/share/openhab2/runtime -Dopenhab.userdata=/var/lib/openhab2 -Dopen…

mrt 03 13:27:40 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started openHAB 2 - empowering the smart home.
mrt 03 13:27:40 raspberrypi start.sh[767]: Launching the openHAB runtime…
mrt 03 15:52:20 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started openHAB 2 - empowering the smart home.
mrt 03 15:58:19 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started openHAB 2 - empowering the smart home.

Strange!

@Bert strange that you experience the same. Please keep me posted here if you find out anything. Is it just the process that stops on your side?

mm, I see al lot of java related errors in the log, i’m not a expert but It i looks like it started after a java update.

With te last build, its working again

Are you talking about latest snapshot? If so, what is the easiest way to do the upstairs?

You mean?

On A pi: sudo apt-get update -y && sudo apt-get upgrade -y && echo success

Ok, I’ll try that and see if it helps!