Can't set item to a toggle card

I’ve got a z-wave mini plug outlet, MP21Z. I’ve added a thing for it and set the switch channel to an item. On one page I’m trying to set up a toggle card that will switch it on or off. But I don’t see the switch in the list at all. I know I’ve done this before so I guess I’m forgetting a step somewhere. But I haven’t found the missing step in an hour or so of working through the problem. When I look in the Model I can see the thing and the switch channel. Turning it on and off from there works. Manually turning it on or off shows up in the event log.

openhab> things list | grep SV
zwave:device:wopr:node44 (Type=Thing, Status=ONLINE, Label=SV07 Plug, Bridge=zwave:serial_zstick:wopr)
openhab> items list | grep SV                                                                                                                                                                                             
SV07_Plug_Switch (Type=SwitchItem, State=NULL, Label=Switch, Category=Switch, Tags=[Point])

The thing is there, I linked the switch channel and can control the outlet through the web UI, but I never see the item when configuring the toggle card on a layout page.

There’s a mixt of terms being used here which is confusing. Thing, Item, and Model have specific meanings in OH. You’d never see a Thing in the Model. So it’s not clear what you are looking for and what you are not seeing.

Describe this more. MAybe post a screen shot.

Are you using Firefox? There is a known issue with Firefox and caching. It doesn’t see newly created Items until you do a force reload of the page. Maybe that’s what’s going on?

Yeah, the terms I use are likely wrong. I swear I’ve got a good handle on computer terminology since I’m a Linux SysAd, but the structure of openhab has always been difficult for me.

The firefox issue is what’s going on here. I accessed the web UI with chrome and everything I should be seeing is there magically. I need to remember that making changes to OH needs to be done outside of firefox. Unless there’s a way to force firefox to never cache anything from the openhab interface.

Or do a force reload after making the change. I think it’s ctrl-shift-r for Firefox.