Cast a int variable to DecimalType

Hallo Community,

I have a problem, that hopefully can be be fixed by some of you really fast. In the following rule I try to convert the variable color inside the sendCommand line to an expected DecimalType, but

rule "changeColor"
	when
			Item LCN_M11_Relay_2 changed from OPEN to CLOSED
	then
			ColorLoop = true 
			var HSBType currentState = Hue3LampColor.state

var int color		= currentState.hue.intValue
			var PercentType sat 	= currentState.getSaturation()	// new PercentType(100) // 0-100
			var PercentType bright	= currentState.getBrightness()	// new PercentType(100) // 0-100
			while (ColorLoop == true) {
				if (ColorDirection == false) {
					color = color + ColorInc 	// ColorInc
					if (color > 360)
						color = 0
				}
				else {
					color = color - ColorInc 	// ColorInc
					if (color < 0)
						color = 360
				}
				logInfo("changeColor", String::format ("color = %d", color))
				Hue3LampColor.sendCommand(new HSBType(new DecimalType(color), new sat, new bright))
				Thread::sleep(100)
			}
	end

I get the following error message:

09:21:10.168 [ERROR] [.script.engine.ScriptExecutionThread] - Rule ā€˜changeColorā€™: An error occurred during the script execution: null

Please let me know what I have to do to get this f**king code running.
Thanks and best regards
Steffan

Where is the definition of ColorInc, ColorDirection and ColorLoop?

Hello @Stefbert,

are you already using openHAB 2.2? Consider loading the rule in VSCode to get LSP support.

Regarding your issue: ā€œnullā€ in the error message could mean that one of those assignment lines returns a null value instead of a value matching the type. Iā€™d suggest to add more log lines to find out which. That would be the first step to tackle this problem.
Besides that Iā€™d also be interested in what @Udo_Hartmann already said. What is ColorDirection and are you sure it can be compared to false?

Thanks for answering,

the problem was inside the Command.

//WRONG:
Hue3LampColor.sendCommand(new HSBType(new DecimalType(color), new sat, new bright))

//CORRECT
Hue3LampColor.sendCommand(new HSBType(new DecimalType(color), sat, bright))

SO it was just the added new in front of sat and bright. Now everything works fine and I go on with my project.

Thanks and best regards
Steffan

1 Like