CCU2 connection to Openhab 2.3.0 giving me challenge

I installed an Ubuntu >>Ubuntu 18.04 LTS <<(in VMware) with OpenHAB 2.3.0 and would like to get Homematic running with OpenHAB.
CCu2 with firmware: 2.35.15 is working together with the temperature sensor (HM-WDS40-TH-I-2). I tested IOBrocker and was able to create nice charts.
Now I am trying to get the CCU2 working with an temperature sensor in OpenHAB (switched off IO Broker)
For Testing purpose I connected my SONOS with OpenHAB and tested the functionality.
Surprise – it worked immediately!
Afterwards I installed the Homematic binding. But the status is still offline. After some googling I found a way to read the logs:

845 [ERROR] [est.core.internal.thing.ThingResource] - Exception during HTTP PUT request for update config at 'things/homematic:bridge:OEQ0456190/config'
java.lang.NullPointerException: null

Help and hints appreciated

Config screen attached

Detail Error log:

18:36:52.909 [ERROR] [ematic.handler.HomematicBridgeHandler] - Homematic bridge was set to OFFLINE-COMMUNICATION_ERROR due to the following exception: null
java.io.IOException: null
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.client.XmlRpcClient.sendMessage(XmlRpcClient.java:94) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.client.XmlRpcClient.sendMessage(XmlRpcClient.java:98) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.client.XmlRpcClient.sendMessage(XmlRpcClient.java:63) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.client.RpcClient.getDeviceDescription(RpcClient.java:122) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.client.RpcClient.getGatewayInfo(RpcClient.java:220) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.HomematicGatewayFactory.loadGatewayInfo(HomematicGatewayFactory.java:47) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.HomematicGatewayFactory.createGateway(HomematicGatewayFactory.java:31) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.handler.HomematicBridgeHandler.lambda$0(HomematicBridgeHandler.java:85) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException
	at org.eclipse.jetty.client.util.FutureResponseListener.get(FutureResponseListener.java:109) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpRequest.send(HttpRequest.java:676) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.client.XmlRpcClient.sendMessage(XmlRpcClient.java:80) ~[?:?]
	... 14 more