Chamberlain MyQ Binding

I wrote a binding for my Chamberlain MyQ Garage Door Opener. I tried to make it generic so it could work with any MyQ Garage Door Opener. I was hoping some people could try it out and see if it works for them. I made a Wiki page on my openHAB fork with all the configuration information:

The JAR file can be downloaded from my google drive at the link below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx6EpCMtJQHVYjUwWXpPZVdGbTg/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for the feedback!

Scott

2 Likes

Definitely interested in this binding. Will give it a shot in the next few days.

So I just installed it, and provided my config info. However I only ever see the refresh service start in the log, nothing that identifies a particular device #.

Can you start in debug mode and find in the debug logs the JSON string at ā€œReceived MyQ Device Data:ā€ I will look and see if your JSON format is different.

Doesnā€™t look like I get any more information with the debug logging enabled. Still just showing the ā€˜myq Refresh Service has been started lineā€™. Thatā€™s the only thing in the log that comes out of ā€˜grep myqā€™ or ā€˜grep MyQā€™.

I would make sure your config file is setup right with your username and password and the pound"#" sign are removed from the beginning of the line.

Rogue spaces at the beginning of the config lines! Now Iā€™m seeing log data, will let you know how it goes.

Alright so the binding is loading now. I just PMā€™d you a copy of my JSON. I get this line w/ no data. Iā€™m assuming this should show me a list of my devices associated with that MyQ account? The JSON seems to contain it, maybe mine is different than yours as you suggested in the previous post?

18:07:47.700 [INFO ] [.b.myq.internal.GarageDoorData:57 ] - Chamberlain MyQ Devices:

I put a new jar file in my google drive that I hope will work for you.

Nothing different with that version. I assume you meant the same link above?

Anything I can do to help narrow down the issue? I would love to get this working, its been the missing piece for some of my rules for coming home / leaving.

Try this link I think I didnā€™t regenerate the link right before.

Awesome! It works!

Having a little bit of weirdness with the garage door state. But that may be the mobile app being stupid about updating properly. Will dig in further and let you know if I find anything.

Does the Switch work to trigger the garage door to open/close?

Yep, the updates just arenā€™t quite as fast as I was initially expecting.

[Edit: I didnā€™t read the wiki, going to play with the polling interval]

I also changed my sitemap switch to look more like the garage button. The on/off button that was really a toggle was confusing me for a bit. I was thinking it was tracking the door state, but its really just a toggle.

Switch item=GarageDoorOpener mappings=[ON="Toggle"]

It polling interval is 1 minute by default. I have the same ā€œlagā€ issue so I am going to look into other ways to see if there is a better way to do it. Thanks for the help.

Thanks goes all to you. This has been a hole in my OpenHAB implementation. Awesome to have this working! :smile:

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the myq binding. Iā€™m getting the error listed below and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction to resolve the issue?

Line 25: 21:33:02.326 [DEBUG] [o.binding.myq.internal.myqData:132 ] - Received MyQ Login
Line 25: 21:33:02.326 [DEBUG] [o.binding.myq.internal.myqData:132 ] - Received MyQ Login
Line 29: 21:33:02.486 [ERROR] [binding.myq.internal.LoginData:58 ] - Could not read Set
Line 30: tings-Json from myq site.

Matt

The MyQ website removed the API calls I was using. I am trying to update the binding to use the newer methods but it is not working yet. I will post the new binding as soon as I get it working. Thanks,

I updated the binding to the newer v4 MyQ API. I started making a list of working hardware on the Wiki and I have added my garage door opener. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Just got this working with my WD832KEV 1/2 HP Belt drive. Thanks for putting this together, this was definitely a missing piece in my project!

Would a RollerShutter item work better, for displaying status/command in one item?