Chamberlain MyQ Binding

Thanks for the work on this binding. Unfortunately, I’m having difficulty establishing a connection with the myq servers. When I setup the bridge thing, it remains offline. Here is the only message that I’m seeing in the openHAB logs:

2021-01-02 20:21:52.500 [TRACE] [q.internal.handler.MyQAccountHandler] - Sending POST to https://api.myqdevice.com/api/v5/Login

2021-01-02 20:21:53.017 [TRACE] [q.internal.handler.MyQAccountHandler] - Account Response - status: 0 content: null

I did a packet capture on the traffic. It negotiates with the myq server, processes a key exchange, then fails with a “Certificate Unknown” error:

57 4.689685 192.168.1.2 40.71.237.40 TLSv1.2 73 Alert (Level: Fatal, Description: Certificate Unknown)

This behavior is the same in both the 3.0.0 and 3.1.0 snapshots. I have confirmed my credentials in the binding, and I can login via the iOS myq app. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have no issues on 3.1.0-S2112. Please make sure your OS has updated certificate packages installed for trusted roots. They may have spun the cert recently.

Thanks for the suggestion. This is running on Ubuntu 20.04 with openjdk-11. The latest ca-certificates and ca-certificates-java packages are installed. I ensured that all certs are current via update-ca-certificates --fresh, but I’m still seeing the same authentication failures.

I am using this binding and can confirm it is working properly. Bridge was added fine, but it took an Openhab restart to discover door thing (as noted above in another post, restart became longer with binding installed). On closing, the door starts beeping and doesn’t move. I hastily pressed manual close on wall mount and it closed. Quick research shows that the beeping is normal as closing the door from a “remote source” calls for the beeping as a safety measure. So my error.

I haven’t tested lamp as my wall mount has a motion sensor to turn on light, and I have a motion sensor in the garage to turn on overhead lights. So not really needed.

I am also experiencing this exact HomeKit issue. Otherwise all is working great.

i didn’t have tested this binding but the “original” one. For sure Homekit integration is almost the same adventure… but i get i work.

first of all please check if the binding have a switch for obstruction status (orig binding don’t show ths status, therefore i’ve created a simple switch, be sure it is off)

assign home kit as follow

• main object garagedooropener:
    value: GarageDoorOpener
    config: {}

• switch garagedooropener:
    value: GarageDoorOpener.TargetDoorState

• string doorStatusGarage:
    value: GarageDoorOpener.CurrentDoorState

• switch obstructionStatus:
    value: GarageDoorOpener.ObstructionStatus

IMHO not mandatory:

• garagedoorName:
    value: GarageDoorOpener.Name

DON’T ASSIGN HOMEKIT PROPERTIES TO OTHER ENTITIES!

What am I missing?

I see the bundle active in the console:

271 │ Active │  80 │ 3.1.0.202012291805      │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: MyQ Binding

but I don’t get anything in the logs for MyQ and the items are not working…

Did a 3.0 upgrade over the holiday and wife is a bit annoyed at everything that’s not yet fixed…

I didn’t have a bridge configured per this post…

so I’m recreating the bridge thing in the UI and then re-discovering items…

Just an FYI, the new binding has a different thing and bridge structure than the previous ones in this thread. You add an “Account” bridge, and then it has child “GarageDoor” and “Lamp” things. See the README for more info. Once you add the “Account” bridge it should be straightforward from there.

Still unable to get the binding to connect. I’ve cleared openHAB cache and restarted the service to no avail. My situation appears to be unique, so I’m assuming that I have something configured wrong somewhere. I’m out of ideas on what to try next. Happy to provide any additional information that would help with troubleshooting.

I’m not able to use the binding for the last 2 days either (I have not done any upgrades for the last 6 months. The error in the log says:

2021-01-06 19:11:48.240 [ERROR] [handler.ChamberlainMyQGatewayHandler] - Could not parse response

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “500.000”

at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65) ~[?:1.8.0_222]

at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:580) ~[?:1.8.0_222]

at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:615) ~[?:1.8.0_222]

at org.openhab.binding.chamberlainmyq.handler.ChamberlainMyQGatewayHandler.request(ChamberlainMyQGatewayHandler.java:440) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.chamberlainmyq.handler.ChamberlainMyQGatewayHandler.getMyqData(ChamberlainMyQGatewayHandler.java:251) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.chamberlainmyq.handler.ChamberlainMyQGatewayHandler.refreshDeviceState(ChamberlainMyQGatewayHandler.java:331) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.chamberlainmyq.handler.ChamberlainMyQGatewayHandler.lambda$0(ChamberlainMyQGatewayHandler.java:321) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:1.8.0_222]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) [?:1.8.0_222]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:1.8.0_222]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) [?:1.8.0_222]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_222]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_222]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_222]

2021-01-06 19:11:48.243 [ERROR] [handler.ChamberlainMyQGatewayHandler] - An exception occurred while executing a request to the Gateway: ‘null’

Brand new to Pi and openHAB here. Shoutout to @DigitalDan for the work on this OH3 MyQ binding, works great…first time!

Thanks much also to @scooter_seh for the OH2 binding, also worked great…first time…for the short time I used it.

The trouble I had is the stuff of newbies : trying to install the OH2 binding in OH3, having to setup a whole new OH3 model because not backing up my OH2 model, etc. Still, proud of those
mistakes, made me learn fantastic amounts about the hardware and software (chmod (yes yes in case you doubted the newbie tag), putty, filezilla, samba, start/stop services, clear cache, karaf (WTH…!), backup/restore, Win32DiskImager, etc.).

I want to say I love the OH3 UI, SO MUCH BETTER more friendly and intuitive than OH2, was 100% worth the hassle.

Thanks to all contributors for your trials and errors, serves the rest of us! Keep up the good work.

1 Like

I have the same. Usualy, I restart openhab and everything come back.

edit: well, it seems not this time

Stop OH, clean cache then reboot fixes it for me.

I just reinstalled all of my OH from scratch 2 days ago… I hope not having to clear cache each 2 days

edit: just tried, didn’t work

I encounter the same problem as you did. I restarted OpenHAB (on a Pi running Openhabian, sudo systemctl restart openhab2.service). It looks like it is working again.

After a couple of days, it is still working, and continues to work well. It is so much more reliable and responsive than the MyQ app provided by Chamberlain.

I have been trying to get this to work as well. A workaround is to use Shortcuts app on iPhone. Use the Item “Garage Door Switch” and tag as Homekit “Switchable”. It will show up in Home as a switch, which should work as On/Off no problem. Getting Siri to open the garage door will mean, “hey Siri, turn on garage door (switch)”. It works, but obviously not precise enough for OpenHAB geeks like me. Using Shortcuts will fix that. In Shortcuts, select add shortcut (+)—>Add Action—>Apps—>Home—>Control My Home—>Scenes and Accessories. Select your Home Item (Garage Door Switch), then Next. Tap Garage Door Switch so action is Turn On, then Done. Then hit next to name your shortcut, in this case Open Garage, which will result in “hey Siri, open garage”. Of course you will need a shortcut for close garage, which is exactly the same but tapping item at action so it shows turn off. I use this method with Apple CarPlay and it works fine.

may be you missed my hints here: Chamberlain MyQ Binding - #661 by bodo.riepl

I tried your hints. Could not quite resolve what you meant by:

main object garagedooropener

I tried multiple, including Rollershutter. Lots of errors in log around Homekit recognizing Rollershutter. In any event your configuration did not work for me with this binding. Using shortcuts meets the same goal.

with the main object i talk about the garagedoor opener root thing, please check the example in to screenshot below