Chamberlain MyQ Binding

Thanks for the 2.5 snapshot update, Scott. I pulled the jar and dropped it in the addons section, verified the perms/ownership of the file, shutdown openhab, cleared the cache, restarted - things are all uninitialized. Logs in debug mode do not show errors or other pertinent info. Almost seems like it can’t see the binding anymore.

Thank you Scott. I will check it out this weekend and report back.

I’m the guy with the MyQ and “device_type”:“virtualgaragedooropener”
2.5.0 works for me too!

1 removed old 1.x addon
2 stopped OH
3 cleared cache/tmp
4 restarted OH
5 added 2.5 addon

204 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.0.201911080557    │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ChamberlainMyQ Binding

6 added Thing “ChamberlainMyQ Binding”, “MyQ Gateway”, giving it a readable name: “chamberlainmyq:MyQGateway:home”
7 entered “Configuration” for newly created Thing: Username, Password (Thing turned Green on Save)
8 Thing, Discover, “ChamberlainMyQ Binding”: finds both openers. Add from Inbox.
9 Add items definition to point to Things.

2.5 snapshot binding installed and it’s working like a charm :smiley:
Thanks Scott :+1::muscle:

1 Like

Don’t manually add the garage door thing, use the auto discovery. If you want to manually add a thing the ID has to be the serial number.

1 Like

Delete(force delete) all your old things, and auto rediscover them

Updated my openhab docker image to the latest. After replacing the old 2.5.0 JAR I’m seeing the following in the openhab.log -

2019-11-08 17:11:02.656 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.chamberlainmyq ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.openhab.binding.chamberlainmyq
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.chamberlainmyq [221]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.google.gson; version="[2.8.0,3.0.0)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1634) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1614) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1585) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1528) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) [?:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340) [?:?]

I get the same.

@scooter_seh Is it possible this dependency wasn’t marked in the binding properly and others aren’t seeing the error because another addons already pulled it in?

Found the fix, the myq 2.5 is using a newer version of gson than the openhab has installed.

This command resolves it: ```
bundle:install http://central.maven.org/maven2/com/google/code/gson/gson/2.8.5/gson-2.8.5.jar

@scooter_seh I found something.

2019-11-08 20:17:19.329 [ERROR] [dler.ChamberlainMyQDoorOpenerHandler] - updateState: CG081xxx
2019-11-08 20:18:19.350 [ERROR] [dler.ChamberlainMyQDoorOpenerHandler] - updateState: CG081xxx

For every status update (60s) there is this error. But from functionality point of view everthing is ok

@scooter_seh - All good, thx. Had to resolve the gson issue myself manually. I also see the issue @michaeljoos reports, though the functionality isn’t effected.

@lawyerforfun it wasn’t obvious to me where to type the bundle:install command since I’m running openhab in a docker container. For reference, this is the command to get a shell first (where you can then run bundle:install) -

docker exec -it openhab-openhab1 /openhab/runtime/bin/client
(replace openhab-openhab1 above with the name of your container)

Everything is now working here (3 x garage doors via Alexa / OpenHAB / IFTTT) - thanks @scooter_seh!

apologies, I was referring to the command line within OpenHab’s console itself

1 Like

i am also getting this error

2019-11-08 21:34:38.384 [ERROR] [dler.ChamberlainMyQDoorOpenerHandler] - updateState: CG08114A40E2

2019-11-08 21:35:38.383 [ERROR] [dler.ChamberlainMyQDoorOpenerHandler] - updateState: CG08114A40E2

every 60 secs, although as scooter says, operation isnt effected.

1 Like

I suspect its just a logging/debug statement being spit out under the guise of an ‘error’ status. This uses log4j, right?

Its working like a champ! Thanks a million.

I am getting that error too but things seem to be working fine.

Sorry about the error, I was so happy the binding was working, I just uploaded the JAR file as is. I guess I shouldn’t be coding at 1 in the morning. I created a new binding with the error log statement removed.

Thanks,
Scott

4 Likes

Many Thanks @scooter_seh !
You Rock my Friend.
Works like a charm.
Steve-

Thank you very much @scooter_seh. I can confirm mine is working properly as well.