Chamberlain MyQ Binding

is this binding working for anyone on the official 2.5 release?

my gateway says ‘handler initializing error’

Mine hasn’t worked since mid-November…

If you guys would check scooters most recent post just 3 or so posts up you could see that the most recent openhab releases have removed a functionality he was reliant on for this binding to work. 2.5.0.m5 is the lastest milestone you can use with this binding until he updates it.

2 Likes

@scooter_seh Just curious if it’s possible to post your 2.5 binding in Github, and perhaps work towards getting it in officially rather than having to post links to it on Google Drive.

5 Likes

BTW org.openhab.binding.chamberlainmyq-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar is working with OH2.5 M4, but not with the last versions including 2.5.0-1. throws UNINITIALIZED - HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR bundleContext

Note: both installations are ubuntu v19.10 on VMware ESXi 6.70

How can we get the exact built we’re on? All I see is:
55 PM
Is that 2.5.0.m5 or not? Not sure. At any rate, neither version of the binding is working for me. :pleading_face:

The m releases come before the full release. You are on the full release and therefore the binding as it is will not work on your system.

Sorry for the delay, but I hope to have a new version that works with 2.5 by the end of the holiday break.

Thanks,
Scott

4 Likes

Thank you @scooter_seh

@scooter_seh back to my question from earlier: any chance you could post a repo for it. It allows the community to help fix problems rather than relying on one person.

1 Like

In my experience with open source projects there are always people that talk about helping but at the end of the day very few every do. My GitHub link has been posted before but here is the current branch I am working from. I am in the process of rewriting it all to be more object oriented and switching to a Google json parser. Feel free to contribute, if you are unhappy with the progress I’ll gladly step away. I do this all for fun and entitled users are my number one frustration.

I agree that there will be few that help, and I can’t say that I’ll be any better… I’m a ruby not Java developer so it takes me far more time to do stuff than I’d prefer. But at least then the coffee is out there if any one is interested or if you decide that you’re no longer interested.

I’ve submitted a PR that fixes the bundleContext errors I was receiving now that OpenHAB 2.5 is out: https://github.com/computergeek1507/openhab2-addons/pull/1

Separately, I’m now getting nulls returned as my Thing ID from the MyQGateway. I’m hoping my PR will get those folks working with 2.5 that were already working with previous milestones and releases. I’ve personally only tried this binding with 2.5 as I’ve only just purchased a MYQ-G0301-E and couldn’t even get this far until the small PR above:

26-Dec-2019 00:11:45.375 [DEBUG] [hamberlainmyq.handler.ChamberlainMyQGatewayHandler] - attempting to login
26-Dec-2019 00:11:45.442 [DEBUG] [hamberlainmyq.handler.ChamberlainMyQGatewayHandler] - myq securityToken: deadbeef-3fcc-4647-9835-dfcb16a5b690
26-Dec-2019 00:11:45.445 [DEBUG] [hamberlainmyq.handler.ChamberlainMyQGatewayHandler] - Retrieving door data
26-Dec-2019 00:11:45.446 [DEBUG] [nding.chamberlainmyq.handler.ChamberlainMyQHandler] - Thing ID: null
26-Dec-2019 00:11:45.446 [DEBUG] [nding.chamberlainmyq.handler.ChamberlainMyQHandler] - Thing ID: null
26-Dec-2019 00:11:45.614 [DEBUG] [hamberlainmyq.handler.ChamberlainMyQGatewayHandler] - myq AccountId: deadbeef-06c1-4620-af48-1f694701a59f
2 Likes

With Brian’s fix I was able to get the binding working with 2.5. Link to the new binding is below.

7 Likes

@scooter_seh Thanks a lot!! Can confirm that this version is working :muscle::+1:

Thanks @scooter_seh and @liko just updated to the new version and it’s working great!

@liko thanks for the quick fix, and @scooter_seh thanks for posting the Github link!

also thx from myside to @scooter_seh!

i have had to remove the old MyQ bundle manually via Karaf, after that everything was working fine!

Works like a charm! Hope you had a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Greetings,

Is it possible to manually add the the door opener to a .things file? I can use PaperUI to add the gateway and door. Everything works like a charm. But I would like to manually add them to a things file and manage them that way.

I can get the gateway added and Im able to discover the door. but I would prefer to add the door to the .things file as well.

My things definition for the gateway is :

Bridge chamberlainmyq:MyQGateway:GarageDoor "MyQ API Services" [ username="xxxx", password="xxxxx"] { }

For smartthings I would do something like:

Bridge smartthings:smartthings:Controller01 [ smartthingsIp ="192.168.100.191", smartthingsPort=39500 ] {
    Thing switch OfficeDeskLight  "Office Desk Light Switch" [smartthingsName="Office Desk Light"]
    Thing switchLevel OfficeDeskLight "Office Desk Light Level" [smartthingsName="Office Desk Light"]
}

I’m not sure what the actual syntax for the opener its self would be.

1 Like