Chamberlain MyQ Binding

Ok I’ll check, because last time I waited 15 minute and it never discovered

Wow, it worked. Found out there’s less data then before available but that’s ok.

Weirdly, the serial number isn’t the same, it’s not the same on my garage opener or in the myq apps, nowhere near. In fact, the number from the thing is nowhere to be found.

Glad to hear it.

Has anyone else having issues manage to try my new jar and see if that helps ?

Glad I checked back, I didn’t know there was a new version :). Just tested it on my OH3.2.0.M2, copied in the new jar and re-added jsoup. It worked just fine with the existing things/items. Nothing of note in the logs.

Thx again for all the hard work on this.

If you have not already , please update to the latest snapshot version, or if you need to manually download it , up to date builds can be found in our CI repo . There was a bug where the MyQ binding could delete cookies from other bindings who use our shared HTTP client.

Sorry to be a NOOB but can someone direct to where i can learn how to install this new snapshot (.jar file).

it is all in the thread above.

assuming linux:
wget the new jar file from the above link into a directory
run the karaf console and install the jar from the file on the local filesystem

you’ll be smarter and prouder once you do it. I know I am by having to figure things out instead of just getting a simple script.

Hi all. Just updated OH to 3.2.0 M3. My MqQ bridge is still working but my two garage door things now show a status UNKNOWN. I did find the following in the logs:

2021-10-05 20:06:20.880 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception: 
java.lang.ClassCastException: class org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.handler.MyQGarageDoorHandler cannot be cast to class org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.handler.MyQDeviceHandler (org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.handler.MyQGarageDoorHandler is in unnamed module of loader org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader @2b7fa69b; org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.handler.MyQDeviceHandler is in unnamed module of loader org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader @747f2b0e)
	at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.handler.MyQAccountHandler.lambda$5(MyQAccountHandler.java:357) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1541) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.handler.MyQAccountHandler.getDevices(MyQAccountHandler.java:351) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.handler.MyQAccountHandler.fetchData(MyQAccountHandler.java:271) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.handler.MyQAccountHandler.normalPoll(MyQAccountHandler.java:259) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:305) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:305) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]

Anyone seeing something similar?

That should never happen, the only thing i can think of is there is multiple versions of the jar installed or something is being cached, can you execute this in the openHAB console and let me know what it says ?
list -l org.openhab.binding.myq

Curious what it says is installed.

openhab> list -l org.openhab.binding.myq                                                                                                                 
START LEVEL 100 , List Threshold: 50
 ID β”‚ State  β”‚ Lvl β”‚ Version            β”‚ Location
────┼────────┼─────┼────────────────────┼───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
235 β”‚ Active β”‚  80 β”‚ 3.2.0.202110050422 β”‚ file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.myq-3.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
274 β”‚ Active β”‚  80 β”‚ 3.1.0              β”‚ mvn:org.openhab.addons.bundles/org.openhab.binding.myq/3.1.0

I’m seeing the same thing. As well when I go to add Things there are 2 MyQ Accounts, 2 MyQ Garage Doors and 2 MyQ Lamps.

How to remove the 3.1.0 version?

1 Like

First thanks for reporting back, that confirms my suspicion (can happen when manually installing stuff). Try removing the old binding with:

bundle:uninstall 274

Then you might want to restart openHAB to be safe.

openhab> list -l org.openhab.binding.myq
START LEVEL 100 , List Threshold: 50
 ID β”‚ State  β”‚ Lvl β”‚ Version            β”‚ Location
────┼────────┼─────┼────────────────────┼───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
235 β”‚ Active β”‚  80 β”‚ 3.2.0.202110050422 β”‚ file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.myq-3.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Yup, that works. I also deleted the Things I had built and re-added them. Seems to work now.

Sweet, thank you!

No problem, glad it’s working for you.

I updated my main openHAB Ubuntu box to the lasted 3.2 snapshot and the binding has been working great.

Thanks, @digitaldan for all your work on it.

1 Like

So I have an odd issue with the MyQ binding. It has been working fine with the updated version in 3.2.0M4 under openhabian on rpi4. This morning my router did a firmware patch that hosed a few of my devices so I backed the patch out and everything returned to normal.

Everything that is except MyQ in openhab. The MyQ account thing reports back…

COMMUNICATION_ERROR

Invalid Response Code 400 : { β€œSecurityToken”: β€œβ€, β€œReturnCode”: β€œ0”, β€œErrorMessage”: β€œplease contact customer care, supportID: 11570394765856783956”, β€œCorrelationId”: β€œβ€ }

I’ve made no changes to either openhab or the MyQ binding but I’ve since bounced openhab, the router, and the MyQ hub with no effect. The hub is communicating fine with MyQ and I can actuate the garage doors via the MyQ app so I know comms are working there.

Knowing that there were no changes made to OH or the binding, is there anything related to token management in the API that might need to be flushed? Any thoughts are appreciated.
Cheers

I’m seeing the same error. I also notice the MyQ Andoid app was recently updated, so I would not rule out a change in the MyQ authentication process.

I’m also experiencing issues. I restarted my RPi this morning and when it came back up I started seeing this Invalid Response Code 400 as well.

Same, mine is offline: Invalid Response Code 400.

I would assume a change in API or outage.

Same here… just noticed it today. Had been running the updated version successfully since it came out

Thx everyone. Odd timing and a coincidence then on my part.
Cheers