Charts: Fixed y-Axis?

Hi!

Is it possible to set a fixed scale for the y-axis of a chart item? For example, this is my chart for the weather temperature:
https://i.imgur.com/maCC1fI.png

The y-axis scale is based on the existing values and displays min → max. I’d like to fix the y-axis / temperature to display a scale from -10 to 30 °C.

Is that possible in any way?

Thanks!

No. With the built in charting what you see is what you get. If you want more control you need to look elsewhere for your charting needs. I highly recommend the InfluxDB+Grafana approach.

But I think there is some “dirty” method.
I created 2 new items

Number Chart_limit_low      "Linia ograniczająca niska" (group_temperature)
Number Chart_limit_high      "Linia ograniczająca wysoka" (group_temperature)

Added them to rrd4j.persist & mapdb.persist file and also to the same group like my outside temperature.
In sitemap created

Setpoint item=Chart_limit_low label="Linia ograniczająca niska [%.0f °C]"
Setpoint item=Chart_limit_high label="Linia ograniczająca wysoka [%.0f °C]"

for limit low set 0 and limit high set 25 and my chart looks better. Because this values remain same all the time so the chart “scale” let’s say will looks same all the time. I know that this is some around method but like for me works fine :slight_smile:

This is my first post here - sorry if it’s not perfect :slight_smile:
I’m beginner but I would like to share my experience also.

Hi! I’m looking to implement the same solution. I have an air pollution sensor installed and I would like to show the maximum allowable value in the chart.
Could you pls. show how you defined the value in the persists?

Thx.

BR
Fregon

For rrd4j.persist like that.

// persistence strategies have a name and a definition and are referred to in the "Items" section
Strategies {
	// for rrd charts, we need a cron strategy
	everyMinute : "0 * * * * ?"
	everyHour : "0 0 * * * ?"
	everyDay : "0 0 0 * * ?"
	default = everyChange
}

Items {
	//* : strategy = everyChange, restoreOnStartup
	
	Lights, group_temperature, Contacts, Chart_limit_low, Chart_limit_high, Home_away, Chart_limit_low_2, Chart_limit_high_2, Contacts : strategy = everyUpdate, restoreOnStartup



}