Chromatic technologieS HSCP02 motion detector Support in OPENHAB

Hi @chris ,
I have chromatic technologie HSCP02 motion detector (manufacturer tells that it is presence detector).

1. Is this device have full support in openhab ?
  2. Items configurations for this.

Thanks,
Shrikant

No - this is not in the database at the moment. For OH1, this doesn’t matter - you can still use the device, but you won’t be able to configure the parameters.

If it generates an XML file, then we can easily add it to the database - it will just take some time to add the parameters into the system so it can be configured. This information is normally available in the user manual.

Chris

Hi,
i have chromatic hscp02 motion detector.
I have openhab 1.7.0.

1. the device is reporting battery only whenever i am pressing button 3 times and
  2. Not detecting motion , only detected once as CLOSED and further more not detecting motion
    xml file is created by openhab for this device…

My items entries:

Contact presense_1{zwave=“72:0:command=SENSOR_BINARY,respond_to_basic=true”}

Number presense_battery {zwave=“72:0:command=BATTERY,refresh_interval=10”}

Any idea about this device behaviour…?
Does it needs to do special configuration…?

Please help me out this…

thanks,
shrikant

I would suggest to look in the XML file since this will describe the command classes used in the device. In OH1 the database is not used other than for manual configuration, so it will be supported in OH1 without database update. However, I would really question why you use such an old version of OH1…

Note that :0: should not be used in item definitions.

Hi
i changed item defination to :
Contact presense_1{zwave=“72:command=SENSOR_BINARY,respond_to_basic=true”}

but i got states only once as CLOSED but after that no states is getting reported.

i got warning in openhab logs:

2016-10-14 16:39:21.877 [WARN ] [z.i.p.i.ZWaveNodeStageAdvancer] - NODE 72: Node advancer: SET_ASSOCIATION - Unknown device: 116:1:1

2016-10-14 16:39:21.933 [WARN ] [z.i.p.i.ZWaveNodeStageAdvancer] - NODE 72: Node advancer: GET_CONFIGURATION - Unknown device: 116:1:1

The error probably indicates that the device isn’t in the database - can you please supply the XML for this device.

However, this won’t change the items as OH1 doesn’t require the database to work.

Hi @chris

i updated openhab to 1.8.3 , still sensor is not working
whenever i am pressing button on sensor 3 times i’m getting exception.
logs as follows;

2016-10-14 19:35:55.265 [ERROR] [b.z.i.protocol.ZWaveController] - Exception during Z-Wave thread: Input.

java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.config.ZWaveProductDatabase.FindManufacturer(ZWaveProductDatabase.java:180) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.config.ZWaveProductDatabase.FindProduct(ZWaveProductDatabase.java:200) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeStageAdvancer.advanceNodeStage(ZWaveNodeStageAdvancer.java:538) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeStageAdvancer.handleNodeQueue(ZWaveNodeStageAdvancer.java:215) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeStageAdvancer.ZWaveIncomingEvent(ZWaveNodeStageAdvancer.java:1019) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController.notifyEventListeners(ZWaveController.java:638) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController.handleIncomingRequestMessage(ZWaveController.java:225) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController.handleIncomingMessage(ZWaveController.java:196) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController.access$6(ZWaveController.java:191) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController$ZWaveInputThread.run(ZWaveController.java:1166) ~[na:na]
2016-10-14 19:36:00.144 [ERROR] [WaveController$ZWaveSendThread] - NODE 73: Timeout while sending message. Requeueing - 2 attempts left!

You should use the latest version. V1.8 had a problem with the database, and I’m pretty sure that is what you are seeing.

Hi,

1.8.3 is the latest version on openhab website
where can i get latest version than 1.8.3…?

Hi @chris

i changed zwave binding to 1.9.0 and now it started reporting OPEN and CLOSED

states,
thanks chris