Chromecast w/ Google TV not showing code with Android TV binding

Hi! I’m new to OpenHAB and I wanted to set up my Chromecast with Google TV. I installed the official AndroidTV binding and it automatically discovered the device. However, it needs a code to pair it, otherwise it just stays offline. I connected to the SSH terminal and typed the command openhab:androidtv androidtv:googletv:B0E4D5E7193D pincode request, which according to the documentation should show a code on the screen of the TV. The command doesn’t seem to return any errors, but no code shows up. I’ve tried a couple of other commands I’ve seen online, like openhab:send dentv_Keycode "REQUEST", but nothing happened with that either.

The openHAB installation is openhabian on a Raspberry Pi 3 running openHAB 4.0.1

bump :slight_smile:

Which chromecast do you have? The command on the CLI is case sensitive, needs to be REQUEST.

It’s just the official Chromecast With Google TV
I just double checked, and I had entered ‘REQUEST’ in all caps.
I also just checked the log and it’s giving the error Error opening SSL connection to 10.0.0.249:6467 Connection timed out every minute or so

That seems to indicate a network issue. 6467 is the PIN port so if it can’t connect then it can’t do the PIN process.

How would I be able to fix this? Would it be something to do with Port Forwarding?

Are they on the same network?

Can you connect with the GoogleTV app from your phone, do the PIN code, and control it?