Cifs mount openhab2 Not Wokring

I am trying to mount my Server’s Windows Shared Drive.
I can mount them on various Raspberry Pi’s, but my OpenHABianPi does not want to mount.
Using “sudo apt install -y cifs-utils”
When I put the following in my fstab

//192.168.2.3/raid5/RasberryPi/Backups /media/Backups cifs defaults,rw,username=username,password=password!,x-systemd.automount,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777 0 0

When trying to mount with “sudo mount -av”
I get

mount error: cifs filesystem not supported by the system
mount error(19): No such device
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

Any idea why this would not be working?

Thank you.

You probably need to install cifs-utils.

Already installed

What version of Windows is the share on? I’ve run across issues between linux and updated Windows versions that increased the security of shares and requires an additional option to be added to the mount command. I think it is sec=, I have some things in my environment setup with sec=ntlm.

I also assume that the fstab entry you shared is one you have working on another Linux system? Also may not hurt to confirm what version of cifs-utils are installed on the Pi.

Edition: Windows 10 Pro
Version 1809
OS Build 17763.973

Yes, my other raspberry pi’s that are working are running:
Linux MosquittoPi4B 4.19.75-v7l+ #1270 SMP Tue Sep 24 18:51:41 BST 2019 armv7l G
NU/Linux

My OpenHABianPi is:
Linux OpenHABianPi 4.19.50-v7l+ #895 SMP Thu Jun 20 16:03:42 BST 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux

Both are:
Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.1
Both are:
cifs-utils:
Installed: 2:6.8-2
Candidate: 2:6.8-2
Version table:
*** 2:6.8-2 500
500 Index of /raspbian buster/main armhf Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Well this message pretty much speaks for itself, doesn’t it ?

You need at least the cifs kernel module which is not available on Raspbian lite/openHABian.

[22:37:47] root@openhabianpi:/home/openhabian# lsmod|grep cifs
[22:37:50] root@openhabianpi:/home/openhabian# insmod cifs
insmod: ERROR: could not load module cifs: No such file or directory
[22:37:56] root@openhabianpi:/home/openhabian#

You could install the kernel sources and build it but that’s quite some efforts.
And to run Windows 10 as a 24/7 server is … odd. Most have a UNIX NAS for that purpose.
I haven’t tried with that version but at least on Windows Server 2008 and newer you can actually install NFS which your openHABian Pi can mount.

Sorry, i am VERY new to Linux, I didn’t know that. Been trying to learn Linux once I started getting into Home Automation and my RPi’s. I always thought that OpenHABian was just prepackaged with everything set up to work with minimal knowledge of Linux.

I would have no idea where to start with this option.

It was an old Gaming rig I had laying around. I also use it for Remote Desktop alot to do stuff at work. Literally just wiped it clean and started with a new fresh copy.