Clean up of old OpenHAB2 settings?

I’ve been running OpenHAB for a number of years, from earlier in the OpenHAB2 days and am now on the latest builds. It’s going so well that I’m now just cleaning up some old annoyances that aren’t really affecting operation at all.
Upon startup, there are entries in the logs that seem to harken back to OpenHAB2, but I can’t find settings to remove them. I’m getting these entries:

2024-03-23 08:13:18.970 [WARN ] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - The ui add-on 'habmin' does not exist - ignoring it.
2024-03-23 08:13:18.972 [WARN ] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - The ui add-on 'paper' does not exist - ignoring it.

a clear reference to the old UIs. Not sure where it is lurking in the settings to disable this.

Another one is:

2024-03-23 08:13:29.654 [WARN ] [org.openhab.core.net.NetUtil        ] - Invalid address '10.1.10.50/24', will use first interface instead.

That was the path to a server address I used some years ago, not valid today and I cannot find the reference. Likely I used to modify a configuration file years ago but now with OpenHAB3, I’ve forgotten those old methods?

For those:

2024-03-23 08:13:18.970 [WARN ] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - The ui add-on 'habmin' does not exist - ignoring it.
2024-03-23 08:13:18.972 [WARN ] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - The ui add-on 'paper' does not exist - ignoring it.

take a look at $OPENHAB_CONF/services/addons.cfg. If there isn’t any link to habmin or paper, try $OPENHAB_USERDATA/config/org/openhab/addons.config, which is autogenerated from the former file. So maybe there was an issue at some point and since then the ui line got stuck.

For the second issue, maybe $OPENHAB_CONF/services/runtime.cfg is the file to inspect.
openHAB will copy the specific information to $OPENHAB_USERDATA/config/org/openhab/network.config, if I remember it correctly… :wink: so this could be another file to look at.

1 Like

The addons.config file was the culprit for the first issue, and you were right on for the second. Thanks for your help, @Udo_Hartmann!