[comfoair] New ComfoAir Binding

Wrong, with the CCEase attached I got only errors, detached everything seems to work:

I use the V1 binding with the CCease connected.You or using the V2 binding.I have not tested the V2 binding.

No V1 because V2 do not show up at all, for me (see my other posts)

You show the V2 binding in the photo, the V1 binding cannot be seen in paper ui.
The V1 binding has to be configured completely texual.With the v1 binding you can choose between CCease or openhab.

Ok, ok, I think, I know what the case is:
At the start, the binding was never showing up in paper ui, so I tried diffrent stuff.

I tried even to install the jar from this thread but even that didnĀ“t show up.

But when that jar file (so yes V2) is in the folder:
/usr/share/openhab2/addons/
and than I install the V1 binding in paper ui, the manuel installed jar will show up as binding in paper ui

I canĀ“t finde any other jar file on the sd-cardā€¦

Very strangeā€¦ I use a raspberry pi 4 with the rapsian image from the main openhab Site.

If the V2 binding is still in the jar file and you have installed the v1 via paper ui, then you probably have 2 bindings installed. And the V2 binding is shown in the picture so it is in use. It is best that you remove 1 binding.
And with openhab 3 in mind, it is best to use the V2 version because the V1 version will not work with openhab3. I myself have not yet found time to test the V2 version.

But when uninstalling the V1 the V2 disappear in paper uiā€¦ an even with V1 installed in paper ui I canĀ“t find the jar file.

It is as if the paper ui donĀ“t download a file while installing V1 or V2 (from eclipse).

With the V1 binding there is no jar file.You only use the jar fileā€™s for bindings that or not in the paper ui add-ons.I think your system is confused because you have installed multiple bindings.

I suggest you delete the jar file in / usr / share / openhab2 / addons /
and do the following.

And reboot the pi .

@arcDaniel still strange but you are definitely using the v2 version (though it would be interesting which build). Are you running the latest version of openHAB (2.5.7)? I remember reading somewhere that bindings compiled for a newer version are not shown in PaperUI.
I just pushed the latest PR build to the marketplace.

I never tried, but the according logic should not have changed in the v2 binding, so if it worked for the v1 it should also for v2. I took the safe route and use a physical switch for switching between CCEase and OH.
What should not be possible is to use both controls (CCEase and OH) in parallel (without switching to CCEase in OH) and as far as I know this could even harm your device!

I do know that with a 350 model it works without disconnecting the ccease, though with a 550 model you can only use eitherā€¦ both connected does not work.

my2c

I have a 550 model en it works with the CCease connected.But you can not use the CCease and openhab at the same time.I have a switch in openhab where i can switch to openhab or CCease. When i switch to openhab de CCease is switched off.

@Rado1
On my 350 it do not work. But there are different CCease Modells, perhaps it is not on the Ventilation but the Modells of the CCease, that can cause conflicts

@Rado1 and @boehan
I have done the suggested steps more times but it change nothing.

@boehan
the downloaded jar ist the 2.5.7. I can try with an older jar if it shows up, without the V1 installed

For the Moment the controlls work, what is good. But Iā€™m not happy, because I know that in the Background there is something wrong.

I will make an other SD-Card and re-start from scratch.

Here a THANKS for you work and help :smiley:

Until now, I have no luck to get it working, without ā€œtricksā€.

@boehan
Is there a new Version? The jar File says 09.07.2020 but eclipse is on 02.07.2020

@arcDaniel yes there was an update to the PR from 09.07.2020, as you found. Since the marketplace add-on actually points to the latest 2.5.7 PR build, this should be the same version. However, Iā€™ve not yet found a way to show a version or release-date for the marketplace binding.

Changes in the latest build (09.07.2020): I have reorganized and reduced the error channels to omit duplication. There are now a single channels for current, last, prelast and pre-prelast errors, each showing the actual errors in the String value. To update the channel structure you probably need to remove and readd (with identical thing id) the comfoair thing.

The binding is now merged and should be available in the next official release (2.5.9).

For completeness: The reset channels (resets#filterReset and resets#errorReset) were changed back to Number items (same behaviour as in the v1 binding --> send 1 for reset). Since they implement command options they should be rendered as ā€œResetā€ button in ClassicUI automatically (at least starting from OH3; not yet tested). If you used one of the previous .jar files, you probably have to readd the thing to reflect this change.

1 Like

I have just migrated to the new binding and it works great so far!
Thanks a lot @boehan ! :slight_smile: :+1:

The only difference I noticed so far is if you change the fan level, the updates on the actual speed is much slower than with the v1 binding. It takes refreshtime, which makes senseā€¦but IIRC with v1 it was ā€œnearā€ instant after the change (at least it felt that way).

Hi Georges,
thanks for your feedback.
That affected channels do not update after setting a value indeed seems to be a bug. The according logic is meant to be implemented similar to the v1 binding. Unfortunately, I didnā€™t really notice it during development and testing (TBH, I noticed it but thought it was just the UI not refreshing). But I can reproduce it and will provide a fix asap (have to setup a OH 3 development environment first). Hopefully, it will get backported to 2.5.10 then.

I have submitted a PR that should fix the issue and itā€™s already merged. Since itā€™s also backported to 2.5.10 it should be available in the next bugfix release.
Here is a JAR with the fix: org.openhab.binding.comfoair-2.5.10-SNAPSHOT.jar

EDIT: seems my fix was a bit rushly and causing minor issues when changing a value. So I updated the jar above and will open a PR to fix the fix.

Very nice, thank you for fixing this!
Not sure I will find the time to test the jar but definitely looking forward to 2.5.10 then!

Much appreciated! :slight_smile:

First I want to say thanks for your great work!
Iā€™ve used V1 binding till now. Now I switched to the V2 binding and nearly everything works fine. Thereā€™s just one thing, I couldnā€™t find in the new binding. In V1 there was a command ā€œis_enthalpyā€ to tell the comfoair if enthalpy is installed or not. I didnā€™t find this in V2.
I only found ā€œcomfoair:comfoair:2ba3b65c:menuP9#enthalpyStateā€, but itā€™s only readable an shows OFF in my case. I have enthalpy installed and would like to set it. Can you tell me where to find it?