Hi ComfoAir users,
I have spent some time now, trying to migrate the openHAB comfoair binding to a v2 version to be ready for OH3. Now that a have a first working version, I thought I share it here first for testing.
Of course I will submit a PR as soon as I have finished the documentation. The PR can be found here: 7052.
Comparison to the OH1 version:
- the binding should support all devices that were supported by the v1 version (RS232 communication only)
- all “boolean type” items are implemented as Switch channels now
- all temperature and voltage channels are supporting UoM, as well as channels for operating hours
- most data points available in the v1 binding should be covered by the new binding
- settings for device configurations (Menu P5 entries) were integrated as thing properties to show the actual setup. Therefore, they are not configurable anymore, but that should anyways be set by the fitter of the device (however, I doubt anyway that anyone was really using these in the v1 binding, since I discovered some bugs in the v1 binding, which made them basically not changeable)
- some channels and channel groups are added dynamically and their visibility is based on the installed device options (heater, preheater, ewt, enthalpy, …)
Based on the ongoing review process of pull request the whole code was already refactored over great parts, including the fixing of some undiscovered bugs from the initial v1 binding. Therefore, any testing and feedback on the binding is highly appreciated.