Component descriptor entry 'OSGI-INF/*.xml' not found

Dear all, after installing the latest 2.3 snapshot this issue appeared again on

[ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.avmfritz ] - Component descriptor entry ‘OSGI-INF/.xml’ not found
[ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.homematic ] - Component descriptor entry 'OSGI-INF/
.xml’ not found

Unfortunately, the latest openhabian-config does not perform switching to the latest stable-release (2.2). The tool reports that I am already on the latest version.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

Same here for homematic

Component descriptor entry ‘OSGI-INF/*.xml’ not found

1 Like

Yes it was an issue with the 2.2.0 release too so @Kai made a fix for it. But maybe the fix is still missing on the 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT master?

Indeed I didn’t do this yet, because I wanted to find a cleaner solution than the patch I did for the 2.2.0 release…
But I would have hoped that the snapshot build doesn’t need it at all, because it didn’t need it before either :frowning:

Updated to 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT today and I’m also suffering from

Component descriptor entry ‘OSGI-INF/*.xml’ not found

with network binding.

/Miika

same issue with loxone binding

@Kai: do you plan to patch latest snapshot ?

1 Like

Same problem.

I certainly do. Expect it being fixed by tonight.

1 Like

Latest distro #1148 is fixed!

Thanks a lot - I will test it tonight.

With #1148 the errors are still present:

2017-12-21 14:46:12.592 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.yamahareceiver  ] - Component descriptor entry 'OSGI-INF/*.xml' not found
2017-12-21 14:46:12.597 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.harmonyhub      ] - Component descriptor entry 'OSGI-INF/*.xml' not found
2017-12-21 14:46:15.880 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.avmfritz        ] - Component descriptor entry 'OSGI-INF/*.xml' not found
2017-12-21 14:46:15.897 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.homematic       ] - Component descriptor entry 'OSGI-INF/*.xml' not found

I can confirm, loxone binding is working with #1148

I specifically checked homematic, so I very much doubt that you have a clean 1148 install. Check the version of your add-ons.

I now checked with kar files for the addons. That works !

Before i test without local kar files and than i get the errors.

Network binding still not work after upgrade to the latest snapshot version,
[org.openhab.binding.network] - Component descriptor entry ‘OSGI-INF/*.xml’ not found.

openHAB 2.3.0 Build #1149 working!

Hi Olymp,
I’m using openHAB 2.3.0 Build $1149, but network binding still not work, I still get the error [org.openhab.binding.network] - Component descriptor entry ‘OSGI-INF/*.xml’ not found.
I uninstall the network binding and install it again and again, but still not work, I cannot find Network Binding in paper UI > inbox > “Scan for Things”.
Any suggestion?
Thanks
Eric

I do not set up through the papeUI. I’m using a network.things file. Example:

network:pingdevice:ping_google      "Google" @ "Net"        [ hostname="google.ru",         retry=1, timeout=5000, refresh_interval=60000 ]

but you, I think, the problem is not this.
As an option, have you tried clearing the cache and temp?
After you set the binding, do you see it in the karaf?

ssh -p8101 openhab@localhost
bundle:list

Yes, I clear the tmp and cache folder and restart the service, uninstall the network binding and install it again, the network binding show in “bundle:list”, and still have
“[org.openhab.binding.network] - Component descriptor entry ‘OSGI-INF/*.xml’ not found.”
then I try to set “network:pingdevice:iMac_State [ hostname=“192.168.0.6” ]” in the “things” file, but still not work.
may be I need to reinstall openhab2 and whole addon, but I don’t want to setting it up again.
so I’m give up use “network binding”, and use “Network Health Binding” now.
thanks your help.

I still have the problem with the Network- and HarmonyHub-Binding. I’ve updated to

Update  2.3.0.20180102110829-1.noarch.rpm @openHAB-Snapshots

bundle:list says

478 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.3.0.201712172314     │ HarmonyHub Binding
480 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.3.0.201712172314     │ Network Binding
481 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.3.0.201801020943     │ openHAB 1.x Compatibility Layer

So both bindings are there but with a somewhat “old” version and as you see with 481 there also are current versions of other bindings.

Log says

2018-01-03 12:25:50.344 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.network         ] - Component descriptor entry 'OSGI-INF/*.xml' not found
2018-01-03 12:25:56.894 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.harmonyhub      ] - Component descriptor entry 'OSGI-INF/*.xml' not found

And both bindings seem not to work (no things created in Paper UI or via thing-file).

I am not sure if it is a problem with updating or both files still miss the changes for the descriptor entry. Has someone a clue?