Config files rolled back to old status after rpi reboot

Today I rebooted my rpi and when openhab was back online I couldn’t believe my eyes: the status of all files in /etc/openhab2 was rolled back to that of about 1 week ago??!? - I do have a backup on another drive that’s at least just two days old, so it’s not super cramatic, but I’m completely puzzled as to how that can happen? I’m using VSCode for editing the files and have no automatic backup process (at least none that I’m aware of) running on the rpi. It’s simply as if everything that happened in the last 7 days in that directory is just non-existant. Has anyone ever seen something like this??

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: rpi 3 B
    • openHAB version: 2.2
    • Visual Studio for editing config files on th rpi

WTF? No, never seen something like that.

Could it be that the SD-Card is full ? :thinking:

no, that was the first thing I checked. Plus, up until last night, OH ran with the last config. Only after reboot this morning the old files showed up - and I have no idea where they came from neither where the latest are…??

UPDATE:
This behavior can be reproduced now: any change I do to the files in /etc/openhab2 will be gone after reboot. Files I add into the directory (e.g. icon files) are gone after reboot. It’s almost as if the raspi suffers from amnesia :scream:

UPDATE 2:
It seems the issue is a corrupted SD card (see reference). It sucks, but at least is an explanation.

RaspberryPI: “feed me SD-Cards!”

I had like 5-10 trashed SD-Cards already, that’s why I switch to a more reliable system.

would you mind sharing which one?

Intel gave me a UP Squared for free, at a hackathon, so I use that one :smiley: