Configs necessary to use RS485 (binary) via FTDI USB adapter

New to OH2, running on Mac OS X 10.12.16 (Sierra) using Paper UI.
java -version
java version "1.8.0_144"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_144-b01)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.144-b01, mixed mode)

I’ve installed Network, OMNILink, and Serial “bindings.” Though only Network and OMNILink show up on Configuration -> Bindings.

The primary reason I am investigating OH2 is to be able to control Andersen electrically operated windows via the RS485 bus. Actions on the windows will be based on temperature / humidity and weather data. The Andersen window commands are hexadecimal / binary data. I’ve successfully communicated with the window controllers via CoolTerm on this Mac, so I know that it is technically feasible to do so with the hardware and OS we are using.

I cannot figure out what I need to do to be able to access the serial port (/dev/ttyUSB0) from OpenHab 2. Is this something that can be setup using Paper UI – if so, how? I’ve seen references to a SimpleBinary binding but have not been able to locate it via PaperUI. Do I define an Item? A Thing? Something else? What additional software required and where can I find it? [I imagine that some sort of Action scripts will be required – presumably written in JavaScript??]

TIA
–ddw