Configuration of Zipato RFID Keypad?

Hi,
has anyone experience with the Zipato RFID Keypad in OH2?
I did install it (with Paper UI) but i don´t know how to configure this tool. I linked a Switch item but don´t know how to set codes or send commands and so on. Can anyone help me with a nice guide? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hello, did you have any luck getting this working? I’m looking to buy one

1 Like

some new ?

Hi,

I have one of this but still struggling to make it working in OH.

I’m running OH in a Pi 3 installed from openhabian and running OH 2.5.0 M3-1.

My items file is copied below.

Switch KeyPadSwitch "KeyPad Switch" <frontdoor> { channel="zwave:device:controller:node2:switch_binary" }
Switch KeyPadAlarm "KeyPad Alarm" <alarm> { channel="zwave:device:controller:node2:alarm_burglar" }
Number KeyPadAccess "KeyPad Access" <frontdoor> { channel="zwave:device:controller:node2:notification_access_control" }
Number KeyPadBattLvl "KeyPad Battery Level" <batterylevel> { channel="zwave:device:controller:node2:battery-level" }

you can add user codes either with Habmin or PaperUI and the WTRFID device will recognize them. You have to add it like this"1234" then OH replace with Ascii values and you see “31 32 33 34 00 00 00 00 00 00”

When you type in the Zipato device: “Home 1 2 3 4 (Your number goes here) Enter” then the Item KeyPaddAccess will get a 0 value, while if you type “Away 1 2 3 4 Enter”, KeyPaddAccess will get a 255 value.

From the user manual you can think it has to return 0x06 for Home sequences and 0x05 for Away sequences along with the USER ID but this is not working currently.
I have posted to get help with this.

Let me know if I can be of any further help on this.

Can you please explain with more details how to add user codes? I didn’t understand you.

The user codes can be configured in Paper UI from Configuration -> Things -> Z-Wave Node NNN: Zipato RFID… Click on the pencil on a blue circle on the top pf the page and look for User Codes in the configuration section.
Fill in some entries with different user codes. Example: 7377
Then, to save you have to click on the tick sign in the blue circle at the top of the page.
That’s all.

Thank you,
How can I register RFID tag?

Not sure what do you mean. Can you explain what do you want to do?

That when I will put a tag near the zipato rfid reader openhab will get notified.

You have to press Home or Away in the Zipato reader and then put your RFID tag near the reader. OH will get a notification. If you enter a correct code or place a registered RFID token in front of the keypad the alarm_access channel gets updated: event “5” for “Away”, event “6” for “Home”. Afterwards you will be able to use this in a rule of some kind.

Thank you for your detailed answer.
My question is how can I register RFID to the Zipato reader?

Thank you!

Run zwave binding in debug mode, then try to use the tag at the keypad. You will see in the log the key from the RFID tag.

you will see a log entry like this one:
[DEBUG] [WaveSerialHandler$ZWaveReceiveThread] - Receive Message = 01 16 00 04 00 02 0E 63 03 00 00 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 00 00 BB 00 3A
[DEBUG] [nal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - processReceiveMessage input 0<>128 : Message: class=ApplicationCommandHandler[4], type=Request[0], dest=2, callback=0, payload=00 02 0E 63 03 00 00 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 00 00 BB 00
[DEBUG] [nal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - Received msg (0): Message: class=ApplicationCommandHandler[4], type=Request[0], dest=2, callback=0, payload=00 02 0E 63 03 00 00 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 00 00 BB 00
To get the RFID code for your key you have to take 10 bytes starting with the 8th. For the example above the RFID key would be “31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38”. The ASCII equivelent is “12345678”.
This is the user code you have to add via Habmin or Paperui.

Any idea what to do if the RFID key does not correspond to an ASCII number?
I get the following: 8F 9C 09 36 8D 50 01 04 00 00.
This is the tag that came with the keypad.

(I have an older version, with firmware 0.28; it does not even seem to support security.)