Configure Openweathermap binding with Paper UI

• Platform information:
    • Pi 4_

• Raspian

• Java Runtime Environment: java version “1.8.0_231”
      Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_231-b11)
      Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 25.231-b11, mixed mode)

• openHAB version: 2.5.0.M4

• Installed the openweathermap binding and using PaperUI to configure the binding.

How do I format the location parameter? I’ve tried various versions of lat/long, city, zip code

Anyone figured this out?

Can it be done or do I have to use the file approach to create a Thing?

Thanks

Brian

First of all. you might want to upgrade to the stable 2.5 version released last Sunday.
Have you configured your location under system?
[Configuration -> System -> Regional Settings]

EDIT: It looks like it already lists your latitude & longitude.

I entered the lat/long manually but I assumed it was incorrect because the Thing remains offline

I know I should move to stable but changing versions usually causes issues. Prefer to change one thing at a time

If you enter your latitude, longituge in the settings section of the PaperUI, the binding should pick those up.

What do the logs say?

1 Like

After searching, found another thread that directed me to create an additional Thing for Weather and Forecast.
After configuring the new Thing the Account Thing came online.
Seems to be working fine now

Great that you have it working, but as mentioned above. You should really upgrade your system to the current production version to avoid any further unnecessary issues.

1 Like

Please tick the solution post, thanks

Yes I’m planning to upgrade, but only when I can set aside some time for backing up and regression testing.
In my experience upgrades always carry some risk and uncertainty.

Brian, it’s Christmas Day next week. What better time to sit down and enjoy upgrading your system. :grinning:

Whats better? Adding new gadgets/things to the system, rather than doing backups :smiley:

1 Like

I would agree and I like your thinking with this. Keep the old version running knowing that something may not work first time and have to spend more time playing with OH. Good plan. Time to go find a snapshot and install that version, just for fun. :grinning:

Reading the following Manual would have been good.

Yes I read the documentation, however it does not address configuration through PaperUI, it only covers contents of Thing files.