Connect Gira KNX System using Gira X1

Hey,

I am living in a Flat which is equipped with complete automation using a Gira KNX System with a Gira X1 as central server.

How can I integrate this with Openhab? Can the Gira X1 function as KNX IP Router? If yes how must this be configured?

Thanks in advance. If you require additional info just ask an I will try to supply it.

Regards Lukas

Gira X1 supports tunnels. Take the manual and read about what and how https://partner.gira.com/en/service/download/index.html?id=3330
Don’t forget you should have acces to your Knx project file and ets minimum in demo to be able to read it.
Gira has its own API but currently there is no binding available for that.

Now you should know it’s ip adress within your network in order to configure the bridge more info here
https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/knx/

After you are familiar with all this and you get stuck post here.

Thanks for your reply.

Which of the Manuals do you mean? I looked into every PDF on the page you linked but none of them says anything about tunnels?

I have the KNX project file, and I also can see all the addresses in GPA.

I also found the REST API from Gira and began writing an adapter to MQTT, but then thougth about searching a simpler way.

Read this post for more information about gira X1
https://community.openhab.org/t/knx-bridge-keeps-loosing-communication/60886

Okay I am a few steps further:

I configured the X1 as bridge with the following config:

UID: knx:ip:28f8db927d
label: Gira X1
thingTypeUID: knx:ip
configuration:
  useNAT: false
  readRetriesLimit: 3
  ipAddress: <address of gira X1>
  localIp: <local IP>
  autoReconnectPeriod: 60
  type: TUNNEL
  localSourceAddr: 0.0.0
  readingPause: 50
  portNumber: 3671
  responseTimeout: 10

This works, and the bridge is shown as online.

Then I configured one Light with the following config:

UID: knx:device:28f8db927d:1a50d2db5d
label: KNX Device
thingTypeUID: knx:device
configuration:
  pingInterval: 600
  address: 0.0.56
  readInterval: 0
  fetch: false
bridgeUID: knx:ip:28f8db927d

But this is shown as offline.

The address should be right, I took it from Giras GPA
Bildschirmfoto von 2022-03-13 17-28-44

Ok this UID: knx:device:28f8db927d:1a50d2db5d label: KNX Device thingTypeUID: knx:device configuration: pingInterval: 600 address: 0.0.56 readInterval: 0 fetch: false bridgeUID: knx:ip:28f8db927d
Change to this

UID: knx:device:28f8db927d:1a50d2db5d
label: KNX Device
thingTypeUID: knx:device
configuration:
  readInterval: 300
  fetch: false
bridgeUID: knx:ip:28f8db927d
:
  - id: zimmer_name_item
    channelTypeUID: knx:switch
    label: light zimmer
    description: null
    configuration:
      ga: 0/0/56+<0/0/57

The example is for a on off light but if you want dimming i would recomand to take time reading this https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/knx/#things
And also read more about knx basics google it

Thanks for that reply. This gave me the information to correct my misunderstanding about KNX. The Light now works without problem.

I also was able to configure a RollerShutter which works with basic up down and stop commands. However a absolute positions does not work. But i am generally not sure if this is even supported by the Shutter motors. I have addresses for them in my Project but inserting them in the right notation did not work.

Additionally my Log shows the following errors:

2022-03-13 18:13:36.307 [WARN ] [nx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient] - Giving up reading datapoint 0/0/57, the number of maximum retries (3) is reached.
2022-03-13 18:13:46.391 [WARN ] [nx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient] - Giving up reading datapoint 0/1/19, the number of maximum retries (3) is reached.
2022-03-13 18:14:37.912 [WARN ] [nx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient] - Giving up reading datapoint 0/1/19, the number of maximum retries (3) is reached.
2022-03-13 18:14:47.995 [WARN ] [nx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient] - Giving up reading datapoint 0/1/19, the number of maximum retries (3) is reached.
2022-03-13 18:18:16.211 [WARN ] [nx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient] - Giving up reading datapoint 0/0/57, the number of maximum retries (3) is reached.
2022-03-13 18:19:16.555 [WARN ] [nx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient] - Giving up reading datapoint 0/1/19, the number of maximum retries (3) is reached.
2022-03-13 18:19:26.637 [WARN ] [nx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient] - Giving up reading datapoint 0/1/19, the number of maximum retries (3) is reached.

I am not sure if this is caused by me configuring localSourceAddr to 0.0.0 since I do not know the KNX address of the X1.

Nevertheless the state in openhap is acurate and gets updated in realtime. So is this a problem and is it connected to the rollershutters not working?

Otherwise I can live with the now present restrictions since this is the same feature set as the X1 itself has.

Well it says it cannot read them make a screenshot of those groups from ets not the gira.