ConnectedCar Binding myAudi, Volkswagen, VW ID, Skoda, Enyaq, Seat, Ford, WeCharge

you should see those control channels
Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-16 um 22.05.07

control#heaterSource is an advanced one. If you don’t see it check unlinked advanced channels in the thing view or delete and re-discover the thing.

@MathiasK I found a bug in processing channel command to set heaterSource. So first you need to have the channel + update to the latest build.

@Joost_Westra I fixed a bug reading climater target temp, please check

ok that was new to me. Didn’t know that there are advanced channel.
But it still fails with a different error (10)
log.txt (12.1 KB)

just updated the build, see above - you were to fast :slight_smile:

switching the climate on results now in a “timoute”. For both heatersources (electric & automatic)
log.txt (16.9 KB)

Hi,

thank you for the binding! unfortunately when i try to add a Skoda Connect thing (MySkoda App works fine with my Skoda Enyaq iV as well as www.skoda-connect.com) the following error occurs:

2021-06-22 11:00:52.207 [DEBUG] [ing.carnet.internal.api.TokenManager] - VW: accessToken was created, valid for 2880sec

2021-06-22 11:00:52.208 [DEBUG] [internal.api.carnet.CarNetHttpClient] - HTTP GET https://msg.volkswagen.de/fs-car/usermanagement/users/v1/VW/CZ/vehicles

Body/Data: 

2021-06-22 11:00:52.789 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception: 

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at org.openhab.binding.carnet.internal.handler.AccountHandler.initializeThing(AccountHandler.java:161) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.carnet.internal.handler.AccountHandler.lambda$2(AccountHandler.java:134) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]

interesting thing is that www.skoda-connect.com is using this as API Url: https://api.skoda-connect.com/vehicles

@tknaller Skoda Enyaq is currently not supported. AFAIK it uses a different API - strange, it seems that car manufacturers in the VW group are moving away from CarNet for electrical cars, stupid! This means more and more APIs, most of them closed and not documented for 3rd parties. They still think it’s the right may, I believe, that a industry standard with 3rd party integrations and services would push applications far ahead. At the end it’s all about money…

Maybe I’ll come back to you in several weeks to see what’s possible.

1 Like

General update:
I’m currently working on the VW ID integration, again a different API, but at least I got some basic stuff working (status channels, no control functions yet). PM me if you are interested to test.

As part of this I did a major refactoring to create an abstraction layer, which allows the integration of additional APIs. I have WeCharge and the Go Data Plug in mind (let me know if you have one and can help testing). On the other side more brands could be integrated. Next one could be Mercedes, they have a documented API and I have a friend with Mercedes (I know there is already some script stuff discussed in a different thread, maybe the developer is interested to supprt a binding integration).

2 Likes

Great news on charging electric cars for load-balancing/self-use optimisation:
The SetMaxCurrent is again working successfully with this version: (updated · markus7017/myfiles@3ae9308 · GitHub)

The original VW “We Connect” App only allows for a few different settings on the max Amperage. But using this API and Binding directly it is possible to use much more settings. It is possible to tune the power on 1Ampere steps all the way to 1.
I have validated the actual powerdraw with a PlugWise SmartPlug and can verify the settings are really being used by the car:

Still have to check reliability of the setting below 5A.

Thanks @markus7017 for your work on this binding! Saves my from buying a much more expensive charger and allows for tuning to even lower power levels. (the protocol from charger side can not go below 6A)

Try to send a number to the channels, the selection list is just a lost of predefined values

Hi
Data works good for me, and preview widget show “locked” “fuel” and “range”. But when I click and open “popup” its blurred and stay that way. Any idea why?
I have a skoda octavia hybrid.

Maybe it was not clear from my post by I tried different numbers and was pleasantly surprised that all values between 2 and 16 Amps seams to work. That is a much bigger range and better granularity than I expected.

Please be a bit patient, I am going to publish a complete reworked version over the weekend.
This blurred pictures are not in conjunction with the widget, the occur from time to time in other widgets or cards as well.

Ok, I see, sounds great. Thanx.
I hadn’t seen it before, this got constantly blurred, both in desktop and mobile.

Hi guys,
I have just release a complete rework of the widget, which now consits of two parts, a dashboard widget to be used on your pages and a details view which is opened when you click on your dashboard.

Any progress on the Enyaq (Skoda) integration? I only need the SOC channel in my system… I see bunch of API’s on the web-interface, let me know if and what I could help.

Cheers!

Ulrich

I sent you a PM

Hi @markus7017

Does the ‘org.openhab.binding.carnet-3.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar’ file, updated a few hours ago on your GitHub, work with OH 3.1 at the present time?

Where can I find the release change details?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Arnaud

in general yes, but if you want to start from scratch you should wait 1-2 days
I’m currently in the process of renaming the binding. Due to the fact that it already integrates 2 APIs (CarNet, WeConnect, next one will be Mercedes) it doesn’t make sense to keep the name CarNet. This is almost done, just doing some more testing.

as for enyaq i’m of course willing to beta-test and also participate with code if you can give me a few pointers where start with helping (not a java-expert but i know my way around programming)

sent you a PM