ConnectedCar Binding myAudi, Volkswagen, VW ID, Skoda, Enyaq, Seat, Ford, WeCharge

PR is created =

• bug reports welcome and will be fixed
  • feature freeze, except he PR takes a while to get reviewed
5 Likes

Hi there!
I own a VW eGolf and would be keen to integrate that into my openHAB system!
I use the VW “weconnect” software so an accound is existing.
What do I have to do to install the carnet-thing? An approriate binding does not exist in my version. I use the openHAB 3.1.0 Release Build. Maybe I have to upgrade!?

Thanks
Ansgar

put this file in your addons folder: https://github.com/markus7017/myfiles/blob/master/connectedcar/org.openhab.binding.connectedcar-3.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar?raw=true

binding will probably/hopefully integrated into openhab 3.2 (this is what markus’ last post about the pull request means)

Great! Worked immediately -thanks a lot!!! Also for the great working binding my regards to Markus!

Ansgar

I had to enter the Security PIN, afterwards everything works as expected.

Niklas

Does someone uses the WeConnect App and sees things like odometer (km), maintenance info or light status? This info seems to be available at least for some models

@markus7017 Yes, WeConnect App can present such data, but not in all the details that are available through API and binding, e.g. level of open windows:

yup, I found it too

• Using a gas car with WeConnect provides that data
  • but not when having an ID.3 (WeConnect.ID)

it’s a shame that they don’t implement that basic stuff for all cars. An ID.3 has also doors & windows :wink:

Does somebody has an ID.4?

I connected an eGolf.
The binding provides channels for many things as
windows state closed/not closed as well as %
lock state
battery state (very important)
range, based on battery state and last consumption
in total, there are ~100 information points

GOOD JOB :slight_smile:

I updated the DEV Build:

• CarNet: Follow http redirects helped to get an A3 e-tron online. I hope this has no side effects to other APIs/models, but so far it looks good
  • WeConnect: Added support for door/window, light status, odometer, maintenance infos and parking position. However, this depends on capabilities provided by the car. ID.3 seems to offer non of them.
  • WeCharge: Combine charging records from home and public/pay charging into one list. I implemented the lookup for charging stations nearby. The problem is: this requires the geo location of the car to provide meaningful results. If someone is interested in this feature, we could discuss how to implement it. I’m thinking on adding a channel and then a rule could fetch the geo position from the vehicle thing, set the location and then the WeCharge thing will run the query and provide the results a channel groups. This can then be used to display them on a map.
  • README updated, some re-factoring and cleanup

@cwi does currently initial testing and will give an update
anybody else welcome

Update: WeConnect (vwid+idvehicle) establishes connection well and reports a good range of information that I also have available through CarNet. WeConnect is faster than CarNet, which requires a whole lot of API calls to gather all the information. Yet, no controls were identified to be sent to my car, e.g. Lock/Unlock, probably a limitation of my account.
Some issues or inconsistencies with WeConnect were identified and reported to @markus7017 . Whomever needs to rely on WeConnect today, it is great to also have this option now in the binding - thanks to Markus’ continued efforts. I wonder when he finds a way to offer a channel like “control#ignite”, to start the car, or “control#silentmode” to mute my Diesel.

Hello, everyone,

I wanted to visualize the data from my AUDI. I have set up the items and can also see the values and states. So far everything is ok. Now I want to show the data in Basic UI. Unfortunately, the values are not displayed there. The other items from other devices such as my heating, etc. are displayed correctly there. I just can’t do it with the vehicle data.
Does anyone have any idea why it is? The display of the values on the OH homepage also works without any problems.

I am using the current version of openHAB 3.1.0 and connectedcar-3.2.0-SNAPSHOT

Greetings and thank you in advance for your effort.

Did you linked the channels to items?
Do thy show up in the Main UI under Model?

Hello,
Did you linked the channels to items? → Yes
Do thy show up in the Main UI under Model? → Yes

I can see the values. When I want to visualize it in the Basic UI, there are no values.

anybody else using Basic UI?

Please show us your according sitemap definition.

This is how it looks 

Text icon="auto" label="Auto" {
        Text icon="audi" label="Audi" {
            Text icon="fuel" item=AudiS4Avant_rangeRemainingFuel label="FĂŒllstand Tank"
            Text icon="fuel" item=AudiS4Avant_rangeTotalRange label="Reichweite Tank"
            Text icon="water" item=AudiS4Avant_maintenanceDistanceAdBlue label="Reichweite Ad Blue"
            Setpoint icon="time" item=AudiS4Avant_controlVentHeatDuration label="Laufzeit LĂŒftung / Heizung" step=10 maxValue=60 minValue=10
            Text icon="lock" item=AudiS4Avant_statusVehicleLocked label="Fahrzeug verschlossen"
            Text icon="calendar" item=AudiS4Avant_generalLastUpdate label="Letztes Update"
            Text icon="map" item=AudiS4Avant_locationLastAddress label="Letzte Adresse"
            Frame label="Karte"
            Mapview icon="map" item=AudiS4Avant_locationLastLocation label="Letzter Standort"
        }
    }

Example from Model

All the items miss value output in label definition, like [%s] for string or [%d %unit%] for decimals.

Hello,
my other configurations look and work like this too. Here is an example on a television.

Frame label="Fernseher"
                Selection icon="screen" item=TVUE46ES6340g_Kanalnummer label="Sender"
                Text icon="text" item=TVUE46ES6340g_Titel label="Titel"
                Setpoint icon="soundvolume" label="LautstÀrke TV" item=TVUE46ES6340g_Lautstarke step=1
                Switch icon="soundvolume_mute" item=TVUE46ES6340g_Stummschalten
                Text item=TVUE46ES6340g_Source label="Quelle"
                Switch icon="switch" label="Power" item=TVUE46ES6340g_Power