Connecting Vorwerk VR200 with OpenHAB 3.3 - Possible?

Hi folks!

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Vorwerk Robots. I own a VR200 and used it for some time with OH 2.x/3.x. The actual provided solution by @Pavion with serial and secret (without configuring a bridge) worked for me in Openhab 3.x. Since i upgraded to OH 4.0.1 if have a problem that OH is reporting an error.

Error in MainUI / Thing:
UNINITIALIZED
HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING
{bridge=Configuring a bridge is mandatory.}

I’m using the following manual installed add-on Release 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT · Pavion/openhab-addons · GitHub

Anyone an idea/solution?

Hi @sonixg

I’m unable to test this binding anymore, maybe just because my vacuum is offline for too long.

Still, if it worked for you as far, there is a good chance.
It looks like OH4 is now enforcing the usage of a bridge. You may try to create a bridge with dummy credentials but it’ll probably fail because of the bridge connection exception. In this case you can check my newest pre-release with the bridge being removed altogether.

Feedback appreciated.
Pav

Hi @Pavion ,

thanks for your fast response and work you’re investing into the community. Very much appreciated. I tried to:

1.) “You may try to create a bridge with dummy credentials but it’ll probably fail because of the bridge connection exception.” (Version Release 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT · Pavion/openhab-addons · GitHub)
=> Result: thing status: not yet ready. Did not worked for me.

2.) “check my newest pre-release with the bridge being removed altogether (Version: Release 4.0.0 Bridgeless test version · Pavion/openhab-addons · GitHub)”
=> Result: WORKING immediately. No change in thing configuration (VR 200) and no bridge thing created.

Thank you very much for your support.

Regards, Chris

2 Likes