Connection to OpenHAB from multiple Apple Devices (using HomeKit)

Hello community.
I have a question about possibility to control OpenHAB items from multiple Apple devices (using HomeKit service).
I have iPad and can control my OpenHAB items via HomeKit. No problems. But if I want to have such possibility from other Apple device (for instance iPhone), I just cannot find openHAB in the home app (but at same time there are no problems with iPad). Actually, such issue is described in official OpenHAB documentation (Troubleshooting section):

I did all steps, listed in this section on my iPad and found flag sf=0 (openHAB is already paired and does not accept any new pairing request). As I understand, I can connect (via HomeKit) to one OpenHAB sever only from one device and after clearPairing command executing I can set HomeKit connection to OpenHAB server only from one device. Am I correct ?

OpenHAB server is running on RPI4.

it is correct behaviour. you can connect only one device (or it is actually apple id) to homekit server.
if you want to control it from several devices you have 2 options:

• devices are using the same apple ID
  • you share your home from one device with apple ID of other device. you can add additional apple id in home app → home settings
1 Like

Thank you for your help. It works.

1 Like

Even though this topic is old, I tried to share Openhab Homekit with my wife and Homekit refuses telling me tha I have to have an Apple TV or another hub.
I don’t have any other hub apart from Openhab’s homekit addon.
Is there a way to share that with other apple IDs?

Actually, I have not a lot of experience with Apple system using, but approximately 2-3 weeks ago I did it (share my Apple Home with other Apple ID, but it was not Openhab) and it worker correctly. Probably you should try do the same with other Apple device and/or in other local network and check result.

Thanks for your response!
I think that is the difference, it was not Openhab. Openhab is my only Homkit hub (no AppleTV or other stuff here).
What is your Homekit hub?

As Home Kit hub I use PLC with some Home Bridge settings. No other Apple devices (Apple TV or similar) are present in my local network.

OK, thanks for the information. That explains why it works for you but not for me. I’ll have a look into homebridge. Maybe I can use it as well. There seems to be even some sort of plugin for Openhab 3.