Contact groups not displaying function

  • Platform information:
    • Hardware: DS216j
    • OS: DSM DSM 6.1.5-15254 Update 1
    • Java Runtime Environment: JRE 8.0.151-0014
    • openHAB version: snaptshot
  • Issue of the topic:

I don’t understand why my contact groups with aggregation function display the result “-” (undefined), wheras the contacts display the correct status.

  • Please post configurations (if applicable):
    • Items configuration related to the issue
Group:Contact:AND(CLOSED,OPEN) gK "Fenster/Türen Haus [%s]" <window>
	Group:Contact:AND(CLOSED,OPEN) gK_EG "Fenster/Türen EG [%s]" <window> (gK)
		Group:Contact:OR(OPEN,CLOSED) gK_Arbeit "Fenster Arbeitszimmer [%s]" <window> (gK_EG)
			Contact K_Arbeit_Seite "Fenster Arbeitszimmer Seite [%s]" <window> (gK_Arbeit) {knx="#/#/#"}
  • Sitemap configuration related to the issue
	Default item=gK

I have no regular access to the KNX/ETS details/logs since I don’t have ETS. I had access to straighten the ETS configuration once, so at least I have a good idea of the setup.

bump (since it’s been a while).
If I should supply further information, please let me know.

You need to make sure that ALL you items are either OPEN or CLOSED
If one of then is “-” then the group will be “-”

Thank you for replying :slight_smile:

I am aware of that - but even with all correct contact status within a group (and with some groups consisting of just one contact), the group status is always undefined ("-"). That seems to be the case for all group types (lights, presence detectors, etc.,. Some of them seem to work at times, though).

Apart from that (probably a different issue?), BasicUI often shows “-” for single contacts, even after hours of no changes in .items and .sitemap. BasicUI Sitemap often does not update status of lights and other items, either (only via Chrome page refresh). Once in a while (I haven’t spotted a pattern), BasicUI shows the correct current status of the items, though. It’s quite confusing for me…

I’m sorry if this should rather basic, but although I invested many, many hours for half a year now, I’m only a rather modest programmer on advanced end user level, and have had many issues with an insufficient KNX configuration from my electrician and with Synology/OpenHAB2 for a while now. There seems so much left to know just for debugging… Meanwhile, I have had temporary ETS access and at least managed to add, organize, and correct all the addresses configured that I require for my desired server functions, but it has been a little weary - So I’m thankful for all hints where to start…

Ok that’s odd
Make sure of your items state with the rest API
Your java version is not quite up to date
And you are running snapshot, Why?

I’m not sure how I would do this - I have not yet an HabPanel or other UI access since my priority was to get all the addresses into the server.

Since I’m using Synology DSM, this seems to be the most current system available in the Packet Manager. I’m sure a Linux expert would know how to acquire a newer build manually via console text commands, but I’m not proficient enough in that to make sure my main home NAS stays opperational.

Yeah, I know… Most recent features vs. stability… I probably underestimated the risks of a snapshot vs. a release. I liked the new “SmartHome” config folder better than using the “public” directory. And I liked the display of configured items in PaperUI. Nothing that I really need. I probably should roll back to the 2.2 release and rather wait for a 2.3 release with full KNX2.0 support…

go to http://openhabserverIP:8080

and select REST API

In the items section you can query the state of items, groups…
In that section with the POST function you can set your items to OPEN or CLOSED

Thank you a lot! I have not worked with that so far, it seems very useful.

I found the main problem now - It was a UTS-error: When switching to 2.2 or 2.3, my config files had to be replaced. I replaced all except the services/knx.cfg :flushed: So, looking back, it was surprising that it worked at all… Sorry for the trouble with a self-created problem…