Contact item bound to KNX shows state in English instead of German

Hi,

I have several Contact items - some of them are linked to Shelly devices, some to KNX binary inputs. My OpenHab installation is set to German.

My problem is, that Contacts linked to KNX show their state in English, but I want them to be in German. The Contact items linked to Shelly devices are translated correctly into German.

How can I get the German state names for the items linked to KNX?

The KNX thing is configured as follows:

UID: knx:device:mdt:BE1
label: KNX MDT BE-16000.01
thingTypeUID: knx:device
configuration:
  pingInterval: 600
  address: 1.0.40
  readInterval: 0
  fetch: false
bridgeUID: knx:ip:mdt
channels:
  - id: chE_Status
    channelTypeUID: knx:contact
    label: Channel E - Status
    description: ""
    configuration:
      ga: <4/4/10

It’s no channel feature. You have to configure this in the Item.

How can I configure that? With the state description?

But why do Contact items linked to Shelly devices behave differently than Contact items links to KNX contacts?

In the items list (URL settings/items), all Contact items show their state in English. If I click on a Contcat item linked to Shelly, the detail page for the item suddenly shows the state in German, if I click on a item linked to KNX, it is in English. Both Contact items have no specific metadata.

That looks strange to me :slight_smile:

I would like to understand why this Contact is showing “Offen” (German) and not “Open”.

As you can see, there is no metadata configured for this contact item.

Other contact items bound to KNX binary inputs show “Open” and not “Offen”.

Some bindings will push state description patterns to Items when the Item is linked to a Channel. But not all bindings do that.

Thank you. It is indeed the Shelly binding which is providing the German translation.

I did not find it before in the code, but here are the relevant parts in this binding:

So it is clear now, why I have a mix of German and English Contact states.