Contribution - LG Thinq [Air Conditioner/Heat Pump] [WIP]

I’ve performed the steps you described but adter a few hours later it started to throw errors again. It’s begun with this:

2024-03-18 18:43:23.482 [WARN ] [nding.lgthinq.internal.api.RestUtils] - Timeout reading post call result from LG API

After 3 of the above this came to logs repeated every 30 second or so:

2024-03-18 18:41:05.859 [ERROR] [handler.LGThinQAirConditionerHandler] - Error updating thing Garázs/d27bb3f0-7149-11d3-80af-a06faae627a8 from LG API. Thing goes OFFLINE until next retry: Error starting device monitor in LG API for the device:d27bb3f0-7149-11d3-80af-a06faae627a8
org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.internal.errors.LGThinqApiException: Error starting device monitor in LG API for the device:d27bb3f0-7149-11d3-80af-a06faae627a8
	at org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.internal.handler.LGThinQAbstractDeviceHandler.getSnapshotDeviceAdapter(LGThinQAbstractDeviceHandler.java:667) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.internal.handler.LGThinQAbstractDeviceHandler.updateThingStateFromLG(LGThinQAbstractDeviceHandler.java:465) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.internal.handler.LGThinQAbstractDeviceHandler$UpdateThingStateFromLG.run(LGThinQAbstractDeviceHandler.java:458) [bundleFile:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:539) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:305) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:305) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:840) [?:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Unexpected StartMonitor json result. Node 'workId' not present
	at java.util.Objects.requireNonNull(Objects.java:235) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.lgservices.LGThinQAbstractApiClientService.startMonitor(LGThinQAbstractApiClientService.java:433) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.internal.handler.LGThinQAbstractDeviceHandler.getSnapshotDeviceAdapter(LGThinQAbstractDeviceHandler.java:656) ~[bundleFile:?]
	... 8 more

There was no activity on LG app since I forcefully terminated it so there is a very little chance to a race condition. Any chance to solve this?

I found no other software connection issues nor network downtimes or dns/dhcp dropouts. Can you give me the server address that timeouts in the binding to actively monitor it? There might be some routing ipv4/ipv6 issues that I don’t see yet.

If I disable only my V1 things there is no error/warning messages in the logs. Which means that all my v2 devices can communicate through the binding.

No, it’s not the same issue. And I don’t know if one is correlated to the other. First time, you send me log pointing to erros in the host server (LG). Know, the result is unexpected to start monitor API method.
I upload a new version with more verbose. Can you install it and send me the log again ?

Thanks.

Thank you for your quick answer!
I’ve downloaded and installed it. It needed some time after it started to throw errors. I’ll report back if it occurs again. Do you need DEBUG mode o TRACE?

You can put in debug mode. That’s enough

Hi! Just a quick feedback: since installing your yesterday version there is no error in logs. I’ll check periodically.

1 Like

Hi, is the air flow direction now implemented?

Thanks !

Amin

Hello, Tizen. To be honest, I was not planning to implement more features for now. My plan is to finish the documentations and test and send the binding to review to finally be released in the main adds-on branch. But I will take a look in this feature. If it’s not so much work, I can do it before close this release.
I let you know.

Thanks!

Hi @nemer

is Dishwasher supported in 4.1.0 binding? I can see the option but in logs I can see this error when I try to add the Dishwasher thing

2024-05-07 23:57:22.742 [WARN ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Cannot create thing. No binding found that supports creating a thing of type lgthinq:204.