Contribution - LG ThinQ Binding

Hi Nemer,

thanks for the update.
I’ve got this error by adding the refrigerator. The refrigerator was automatically discovered.

2022-05-27 18:56:54.895 [WARN ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Cannot create thing. No binding found that supports creating a thing of type lgthinq:101.

thinq-aa39fce3-299d-11bd-8c0f-44cb8bd85baa-cap.json (21.3 KB)

@LukaNoah, can you try the newest uploaded jar in my git ? I fix some errors and I think you have a good chances to see 3 channels working:

• Fridge Temperature
  • Freezer Temperature
  • Temperature Unit

But before that, get rid of the thinq-aa39fce3-299d-11bd-8c0f-44cb8bd85baa-cap.json file stored in your userdata.
Other important thing: put the binding in DEBUG mode. I need the thinq-aa39fce3-299d-11bd-8c0f-44cb8bd85baa-datatrace.json to map the other channels. If you don’t know how to do it, there is some post above I explain in details

Regards,

Nemer

Just downloaded this binding and I have it reporting the status of my washer. Working well so far and next week I’m adding a Fridge.
Thanks for writing this, and it would be great if it could be extended to send start commands to the washer so I could start it when the cut price electricity kicks in. I use the washers built in delay timer now. but that relies on pressing start on the hour.

Commands for Washer & Dryer are on the way. As soon as they are ready I let you Know.

2 Likes

I have an LG Washtower being delivered in 10 days, and I’m looking forward to trying this out when it arrives. Thanks for your efforts!

1 Like

Hi Nemer,
thanks for the update. I could add the thing :smiley:

The two temperatures that are now displayed should still be converted.
Freezer 5 → -18°C
Fridge 3 → +5°C
I think that’s in the json from the device.

Here are the files.
thinq-aa39fce3-299d-11bd-8c0f-44cb8bd85baa-cap.json (21.3 KB)
thinq-aa39fce3-299d-11bd-8c0f-44cb8bd85baa-datatrace.json (1.7 KB)

1 Like

He has now found the fridge for me too. You can see the temperature in the pictures. It’s the same as with Luka. The second picture is from the Sidemap

1 Like

Great ! Thanks for the datatrace. Help me a lot to understand better the payload of this thing.
So… I could fix the translation problem.

Please, install the last version of the binding from my git account and let me know if it’s fixed right now. (@WARTO42_on_Twitch , this version will work for you as well.). By now, I’m going to map the other channels.

By the way, Is it possible to send commands to the refrigerator from the LG App ? If so, can you send me the commands available for this device ?

Regards.

What are you talking about?
A list of commands or pictures?
Count like that?:
Express Cool = on / off
Express Freeze = on / off
Craft Ice = off / 3 ICE mode / 6 ICE mode
Glare-free at night = off / from sunset to sunrise / time setting
Fridge interior light = 10% / 30% / 50% / 70%
Smart Learner = on / off

1 Like

Yes, what kind of set up you can do from the LG Thinq App to control your Refrigerator. I will try to map some of then in the binding, to you guys be able to automate some tasks.

Regards

Hi,
I could set the freezer and fridge temperatures.
The temperatures shown now correctly, without units.

This one can I set:
Express Cool = on / off
Express Freeze = on / off
Craft Ice = off / 3 ICE mode / 6 ICE mode
Glare-free at night = off / from sunset to sunrise / time setting
Fridge interior light = 10% / 30% / 50% / 70%
Smart Learner = on / off

1 Like

Can washer delay time be added to the binding please? On my machine I have the option of setting what time I want the program to end, and this was exposed by the mqtt bridge I used previously.

@kevin, I added your “Delay Time” channel based on reserveTime snapshot’s attribute. Hope it’s what you were looking for.
@LukaNoah, @WARTO42_on_Twitch, I had some difficult to configure temperature unit to the channels because it depends on the tempUnit informed and there is a table to convert values between units informed by the device also. I thing it’s working right now. To test it, please unlink and remove the itens associated with temperature channels; remove, discovery and add the Refrigerator thing again and the temperatures should be presented with correct unit based on what you configured in the refrigerator display.

Regards

Thanks for the update, I’ll experiment. One thing I’ve immediately noticed is the time remaining and delay time is in DateTime format when time remaining was a string, this makes sense. However Washer Course which I think means the current program is also in DateTime when I think it should be a String.
Washer Smart Course and Washer Downloaded Course are Strings.

On a different note I now have a LG Refrigerator. I can see the set temperature of both Fridge and Freezer but not the current temperature. Does anyone know if the current temperature is available - it doesn’t seem to be in the app

You are correct @kevin. The Washer Course was typed as DateTime by mistake :man_facepalming:. Txs for letting me know. I fixed it in a new version on my git.
BTW, I’ve never seen current temperature in LG Thinq Refrigerators that I received the capability file. However, there are some other models. Maybe yours could have different features. If you provide me the ***-cap.json file, I can analise if there is some current temperature feature.

Can you remind me how to get the binding into debug mode? I’ll get the info in a few minutes - just swapping the fridges over and cooking lunch

OK… just to refresh this topic:
To do so, proceed in this way:

1. Stop the openhab service:
sudo service openhab stop
  1. Wait while, then start openhab in console mode (if ask for openhab password, the default is habopen):
sudo openhab-cli start --debug
  1. inside the text console, enable debug mode of the binding:
log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.lgthinq
  1. you can use the own console to tail the log:
log:tail
  1. disable and enable the bridge through UI interface and go again to the $OH3_USERDATA/thinq/. The file thinq-*-datatrace.json and *-cap.json should be there.
1 Like

Trace for both Washer and Fridge attached
Interestingly a quick visit to the console, issue the debug log command and pausing the bridge did the trick. Your last post reminded me how to do it :slight_smile:

thinq-e4ce4562-d254-11ae-b1d8-402f86e594f8-datatrace.json (2.4 KB)
thinq-331511cb-a542-1332-9ca8-4cbce9ca91d5-datatrace.json (2.1 KB)

I just put a load of washing in with 5 hour delay set and I can see the Delay time counting down with Remaining time static which is what I expected. This is with the version of the binding from a few hours back. Washer Reported State says ‘Reverse,’ should that be reserved? App says Delay Set Finish by 04:48 which is the same as the Delay Time field and the washer front panel