Control peripheral devices - via mqtt power-consumption monitoring - Solution reasonable?

Hello,
i wanted to get experienced feedback regarding the very simple “peripehral devices control” i built in openhab.

What it does:

• After power-consumption of main-device is updated
  • Create ON/OFF state in separate item for this device, by comparing it to power-consumption-thresshold
  • If device turns from OFF to ON, peripheral devices will also be activated and vice versa

Application examples:

• Monitor TV-consumption and de-/activate Sound-System, ambient Lights …
  • Monitor PC-consumption and de-/activate Screen, Speakers, ambient Lights …
  • many more

My question is:

1. to have a good response i needed to increase the frequency of my tasmota-flashed power plug (measuring the consumption) from 300 to 10 seconds → Is there a big risk, in having such a high update frequency of the tele-messages?
  2. im not a very experienced user → Is my implementation inefficient or is there a better way to create the same functionality?

In my case this device is the only one having a 10s-update frequency
I think as long as my wi-fi load is ok, there is noting i have to worry about?

Tanks in advance for your expertise

Here i have a optional solution:
Same thing could be done just by using the network-binding and ping devices, same as in a presence detection.

As soon as PC or TV gets activated, the device can be pinged, gets recognized an periphery is activated.

I made up my mind about

• MQTT topics, sent every 10 seconds throughout the network
    – compared to
  • Arping for specific device every 10 seconds throughout the network

Pro MQTT:

• As side-effect, the (in higher frequency) received values can be used/logged
  • Even if main-device has no network-connection for some reason, the periphery will be controlled, because only the power consumption is taken into account
  • No fixed IP for main-device needed
  • No changes needed if multiple main-devices shall be used to control periphery (just plug all main-devices into one socket, monitoring power-consumption)

Pro Arping:

• No additional device is needed, due to the fact, that the main-device just has to be recognizable in the network

I have no clue what each solution means to network-load