i wanted to get experienced feedback regarding the very simple “peripehral devices control” i built in openhab.
What it does:
- After power-consumption of main-device is updated
- Create ON/OFF state in separate item for this device, by comparing it to power-consumption-thresshold
- If device turns from OFF to ON, peripheral devices will also be activated and vice versa
- Monitor TV-consumption and de-/activate Sound-System, ambient Lights …
- Monitor PC-consumption and de-/activate Screen, Speakers, ambient Lights …
- many more
My question is:
- to have a good response i needed to increase the frequency of my tasmota-flashed power plug (measuring the consumption) from 300 to 10 seconds → Is there a big risk, in having such a high update frequency of the tele-messages?
- im not a very experienced user → Is my implementation inefficient or is there a better way to create the same functionality?
In my case this device is the only one having a 10s-update frequency
I think as long as my wi-fi load is ok, there is noting i have to worry about?
Tanks in advance for your expertise