Control Rollershutter Eltako FSB14 Actuator with Openhab 3.2.0

Good evening everyone.

I have currently successfully added my EnOcean devices (light F4SR14-LED, shutters FSB14) to HomeKit on a Pi with running FHEM and Homebridge. To be able to send EnOcean commands i use a USB300 USB Stick.

Additionally, I have a Kostal inverter that I would like to monitor on a dashboard along with the EnOcean devices. Of course OpenHab is a good choice to have all informations on one Dashboard.

Currently I was able to successfully integrate the binding for the Kostal inverter and also the EnOcean binding, with which I can already switch lights in my house with Apple HomeKit.

Unfortunately, the control of my shutters does not want to work. What I have set up so far in OpenHab in this regard:

I used the discover feature of the Enocean Binding to add the first thing (ID of the Actuator Channel)

In Picture Nr. 1

I added manually a rollershutter actuator with the EnOcean ID which belongs the first mentioned device.

In Picture Nr. 2

Next Item I added as model:

In Picture Nr. 3

And added following channel links:

In Picture Nr. 4 + 5

If I press the physical switch to open or close my roller shutter, the status of the shutter within openhab do not change to any state. Here is a my log file while I was trying to open or close the shutter by using the physical switch.

==> /var/log/openhab/events.log <==
2022-03-11 07:55:03.117 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘Rollladen_L’ changed from 0 to 100
2022-03-11 07:55:03.118 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ChannelTriggeredEvent ] - enocean:rockerSwitch:FT6QLFJB:FEEB2A7F:rockerswitchB triggered DIR2_PRESSED
2022-03-11 07:55:03.120 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ChannelTriggeredEvent ] - enocean:rockerSwitch:FT6QLFJB:FEEB2A7F:rockerSwitchAction triggered -|DIR2
2022-03-11 07:55:03.123 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘Rollladen_L’ received command DOWN
2022-03-11 07:55:03.144 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item ‘Rollladen_L’ predicted to become DOWN

Once the status of the shutter is showing the correct state, i’ll ad the generated USB300 ID to the Eltako FAM14.

Is there something wrong with my mentioned settings?

Thanks for your support
Best regards
Martin

Hi,
I’d try first to reduce complexity. Only have the FSB14-thing configured with an additional Item of type rollershutter linked to the channel.
Then try to control your shutter solely from MainUI in OpenHAB. Observe if the position/status is correctly sent back to OH and visualized in the rollershutter-item. If you have another means outside of OH to drive the shutter, do it and check that the position is correctly fed back to OH in this case as well.

Next add the rockerswitch (thing & potentially a switch item). I personally find it easier to use rules instead of using profiles because the give more flexibilty.
So code a rule that reacts on the button-presses of the rocker and sends commands to the rollershutter item.
Last step is to add metadata for HomeKit and check that the directions (up,down, 0, 100) match up.

HTH
-Markus

Hey Markus,

thanks for your reply. I’ll go through the steps and leave a feedback here soon. Best regards Martin

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.