- Platform information:
- Hardware: VM 2Core, 2GB RAM
- OS: Ubuntu 18
- Java Runtime Environment: jre8
- openHAB version: 2.5.3
- Issue of the topic: Information/Question of possibility
a friend of mine wants to start with OpenHAB and has the pretty similar setup as I have:
- Qnap NAS
As I am running my OH2.5.3 on a virtual machine on my QNAP we were wondering if we could simply copy the IMG file (Ubuntu Linux plus JRE plus OH 2.5) and
- Of course change the IP address
- change all the KNX config (Things, Items, Sitemaps)
But this would save us a lot of installation/setup time.
Anything else we need to take care for,or would your advice be : “Don’t even dare to do that” . I am not a linux expert nor a OH developer. Perhaps we do run into trouble when updating the systems or so. Unique generated serial numbers or so.
And advice/suggestions are welcome. But don’t reply with. Why don’t you start from scratch with a fresh install. Yes of course we could but this is not the question