Could not create rrd4j database file error in OH3

@wborn hi and thank you very much for the information. Which release will the fix be included in? I definitely need to give it a try.

The latest entry in the pull request ( link that is posted by wborn ) says that it was added to 3.4 milestone.

Thought I’d add my experience for anyone that may find it useful.

I experienced this error also and this was the first thread that popped up. Permissions on the file helped me work out what my problem was.

Turns out I’d had two persistence strategies defined - one for everyChange and one for everyMinute + everyChange, each with their corresponding Item Group. I was only experiencing this error for one item, and it was indeed persisting - looking more closely I had assigned both Item Groups to the item in question. I can only assume there was a concurrency issue at times where both strategies were attempting to persist at the same time - and hitting an i/o error. Removed the redundant group and all is good in the world!

Could you please reproduce the issue with a new item then open a GitHub issue in openhab/openhab-core?

After installing a new binding and creating the things/items, I also had the error:
*Could not create rrd4j database file*
I doubled the memory reservation, since then the error has disappeared for the time being.
I run my system on a 4GB Raspberry with an SSD