Create first administrator account programmatically?

Hi guys,

i would like to create admin account programmatically while installing openhab. Is there some configuration file to put it in, how about things?

Thanks

you can take a look at the post from yannic. Getting Started with OH3: rewriting the tutorial - 2. First steps There he says: " Currently the only way to add additional users or manage existing ones (including changing passwords and attributing roles) is with the Console " and this is what you want :slight_smile:

But as he said…the docs must be updated to manage the rules. Maybe if you create a new user it is only standard.

If my answer helped you, please click the solved button.

users.json in my case located in /var/lib/openhab/jsondb

1 Like

I think there are to ways to do it preconfigured.
First:
Write a script which installs openHAB and then add the users to der JSON database

Second: Install openHAB with the console commands

Mh, while it shows the initial form (user admin, password, repeat password), users.json not exist. Then I created user admin by the web interface and users.json has been created, but if I remove users.json (after logout), I can log in yet…

I’m not sure they have solved, I will understand it when I repeat the installation
Thank

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.